Bresslers Resivoir Lima Ohio

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by carterfish, May 1, 2008.

1. carterfish

carterfish FISH-ON

Smallmouth are eating it up there. tubes, Rapala orange and black rattle with a orange buck tail. Go get'em boys. let me know how you do

2. Are you bank fishing or from a small boat?

3. carterfish

carterfish FISH-ON

bank fishing, at the boat dock and in the north east corner

4. carterfish

carterfish FISH-ON

was out today, saturday around 10 am until 12 5 pound cat and a 2 pound smally on leeches

5. Heck i was there to Saturday morning to, saw your silver truck parked in the parking lot at the NE lot.

I started at the boat ramp, got 1 sheephead on a tube, moved to the south bank, got 2 smallies on the tube, and 1 walleye, about 2 1/2 lbs.

Tried Fergusoin last night, Sunday, got 1 smallie, on a tube, missed 2 more.

6. Forgot to ask before, but if a guy catches a 3 pounder, on a jerk bait, What the heck you using leeches for ??? :confused:

7. carterfish

carterfish FISH-ON

Well, Here is the story..... stopped by a buddys farm pond after the catch, got into the cat tails! no more black and orange husky with an orange tail! gotta get another. I did try some others, with no luck

8. Was just curious, Smallies like gold to. Have used a jerk bait some times on the smallies, with success and done good on the saugeye to, but havent used 1 this spring yet, at the reservoirs not sure why. Might throw 1 the next time out. But did get some largemouth at Schoonover a while back, on a jerk bait.

Hope to see you on the bank some time. GOOD LUCK

9. carterfish

carterfish FISH-ON

Hey guys, I went out to bresler tuesday around 4:30 had another 2.5 pounder by 4:45. It was an interseting trip, Some idiots had a bayliner capri on the resevoir, running their gas engine! Rangers had a good time with them. They were very impressed with my catch. Just an average fish there. Again throwing an orange and shad colored thunder stick. It seems like you almost have to hit them in the head to get em to bite, this 1 was a spawning female.

10. Hey, i talked to you on saturday, I had my nephew with me. We caught 2 cats, one was 5 pound 14 ounces the other was 5 pound 4 ounces. I let my nephew reel in one of them, he had the time of his life. I'm pretty sure i just got a fishing partner for life. I always fish that northeast corner. To date, i have caught about 6 cats and 10 smallmouth there. Been using tubes mainly for the smallies.

11. carterfish

carterfish FISH-ON

Hey curly, I did see you let him reel it in, and thought that was great. Thanks for posting on here. Keep us informed when you can. Thanks again and hope to see you out there again.

12. carterfish

carterfish FISH-ON

I missed the post on the walley and sheephead mike. Nice catch.

13. You can have ALL the Sheephead in that place !!! and it was a surprise to get the walley, and he is still in there, did the CR on him.

Got 2 smallies at Metzger this morning, on a crappie tube. Biggest was about 1 1/2 lb. and came out of the water 3 times. Also did the CR on them, like to catch them to much.

14. carterfish

carterfish FISH-ON

I made it to metzkers about 10:30 stayed until noon or better and only got 2 crappie. But I watched a guy slay them 75 feet from me. Wind changed and nothing. Pearl jig and minnow here. Not sure what the other guy was using. Lima news showed up while I was there and shot the guys basket with his boy holding it. Not sure if it made the news or not. Thats all for today.