close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Breaking Weather News!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Big Daddy, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Tornado warning in Summit County. Storm is over Lakemore/Springfield Twp area and heading towards Suffield.

TAKE COVER!

2. Ornado Warning National Weather Service Cleveland Oh 316 Pm Edt Fri Jun 8 2007

The National Weather Service In Cleveland Has Issued A

* Tornado Warning For... Summit County In Northeast Ohio...

* Until 345 Pm Edt

* At 313 Pm Edt...national Weather Service Doppler Radar Indicated A Severe Thunderstorm Capable Of Producing A Tornado Near Mogadore... Or About 6 Miles East Of Akron... Moving East At 40 Mph.

* Other Locations In The Warning Include But Are Not Limited To Munroe Falls And Lakemore

In Addition To The Tornado...this Storm Is Capable Of Producing Softball Size Hail And Destructive Straight Line Winds.

The Safest Place To Be During A Tornado Is In A Basement. Get Under A Workbench Or Other Piece Of Sturdy Furniture. If No Basement Is Available...seek Shelter On The Lowest Floor Of The Building In An Interior Hallway Or Room Such As A Closet. Use Blankets Or Pillows To Cover Your Body And Always Stay Away From Windows.

3. Just got in the drive at 3:10 and got HAILED upon! Marble size and bigger, some big as quarters. Torrential rain and strong winds. Didn't see the funnel cloud, but had 30-45 mph winds I would guess. Hope everyone is safe.

Huntinbull

4. That's wild Bull, I am right down the road in downtown canton and we haven't even had a drop of rain

5. I'd say around 3 or so it rolled through the copley area. Not sure about hail but it was DEFINITELY pouring.

6. I just got off the phone with ShakeDown. He is at the Rt 44 exit getting gas. Hail was falling, was marble size. He's back on the road heading to Skeeter. Things are clearing to the East and North. I hope it stays that way!

7. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Baseball size hail at my house. Pics to follow.

8. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

9. thats crazy hopefully everyone is safe. we just got alot of rain down south

10. just barely clipped us up here about15-20 mins of hard rain..everyone stay safe

11. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

I was at Causeway earlier this evening just as the rain stopped.

LOTS of people already there and all is well.

12. Heard on the news that in cuyahoga falls a guy had baseball size hail crash thorough his windshield as he was driving. scary stuff.

13. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

THAT'S CRAZY!!!!!! I have never seen hail that big. In the Youngstown area we had hail that was just a bit bigger than pea size. It got real ugly here. High winds and sheets of rain. A buddy of mine had to park his van into the wind. He was fearing it was going to tip over. He also said he had the radio up all the way and he still could not hear it due to the rain and wind being so loud. This guy was a State Trooper and a USMC Vietnam vet and he said he was scared. The news said it was the worst storm we have had in 20 years.

14. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

i was watching the radar b/c i had a ball game last night. saw those storms rolling on by Columbus. down south looked like they got pounded. we dodged a bullet here.

15. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

before i was born lol. my dad set outside watching SOFTBALL size hail smash a greenhouse across the street of were his girlfriend lived. that would have been crazy. he said the hail was smashing cars and all. but to watch that little glass building get shattered would have been pretty cool.

16. Me and my buddy were coming down the 711 from Gander Mountain to Youngstown when it hit. Scary wasn't the word.

We were sitting at a red light (before they all went out) when we literally watched a tree blow across the street 100 yards in fromt of us. Further down that same road a tree had it blocked off and power lines were swinging like jump ropes! We cut down a side street-dodging trash cans like we were test driving a sports car...and the rain was so bad that we literally couldn't see the front of the truck.

This is the best part...the part where I almost shat in my friends new Dodge Ram. We see break lights 10 feet ahead of us, slow down to almost a complete stop and another power line swings a foot in fromt of the windshield. I could have reached out and grabbed it if the windshield wasn't there.

After dodging a few more lines the hail started (not even close to the other pic...but big enough!) We made it back to my house where I promptly made 6 trip from the garage to the basement carrying in my tackle (I'm not going out empty handed!!)...and then it calmed down a touch.

A note from this situation folks...if your at an intersection and the lights are out, it's just a 4 way stop. I couldn't believe the number of accident that we almost saw in that stretch. I understand that it was frantic, but who wants to wait around for the cops to fill out a report???