close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Breaking news!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LakeRaider, Feb 5, 2005.

1. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

Heres video of KenWarby on a test run last week. The boat looks great!!! :) Its getting close to new world record time! THE Man-The Boat! Remember, 417+ mph is coming soon!!! :D I,m going to stop by his house this week and talk to him and I,ll tell everybody whats THE WORD!!! ;) LakeRaider

www.screamandfly.com/video/warby_test/warby.wmv

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  2. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

I have the extreme pleasure of being great friends with Ken and his son Peter Warby. I have personally sat in this awsome piece of engineering excellance and get to spend countless hours at the race shop with these men. zfish has acompanied me on numerous visits to the Warby shop. What a thrill this is.
    We have a real hero here OGF people. Enjoy the video! LakeRaider

3. Now that is what i call getting to the fishing hole quick. Thanks for letting us know about this LakeRaider.

4. catking

catking Banned

AWSOME 'Raider !!! Thanks for sharing.............. DA KING !!! :)

5. Hey Raider,
    What are they using for drivetrain in that thing? I hear turbines from the video, but can't tell if it is one or two. How do they couple those to the drive?

I'm still trying to get south for a ride in a hemi X!

-Brian

6. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

Thats a Westinghouse jet engine. 9,000 hp. 12,000 hp with the after burner clicked on. Its not coupled to any type of drivetrain. Thats about the extent of the info I can give for now. I called it a bottle rocket once and Ken cracked up. :D Raider

7. So it is thrust driven?

Thanks for the info.

-Brian

8. That Thing Got A HEMI???

:D :D :D :D :D

SWEEEEEEEEET