Breaking News From The Ufc....

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Chuck P., Oct 11, 2007.

1. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

RANDY COUTURE HAS RESIGNED FROM THE ULTIMATE FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIPS!!

He resigned as HW Champ, commentator, etc. No more Randy. From what the news is saying, he found out he was being screwed over pay wise and dropped the bomb via fax.

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

WOW!

Thats freakin huge.

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

From UFC.com

STATEMENT FROM DANA WHITE, UFC PRESIDENT, REGARDING COUTURE

“I’m not surprised at all by Randy’s decision. I talked to Randy several weeks ago and he said that if he couldn’t fight Fedor, then he has nothing left to prove in the sport of mixed martial arts.

He has been doing a lot of acting, and I know he is in South Africa right now filming a movie. I think it’s a great move for Randy’s acting career to retire from fighting while he is on top.

As we all know, Randy retired before. The landscape in MMA changes every day. So when he is ready to come out of retirement again, he is still under contract with me, and I’m ready to promote him.”

Notice Dana said "I'm ready to promote him". (As in, noone else will since he's got a UFC contract!)

4. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

I read online that Randy found out just how much $$ he "wasn't" making. Seems he was getting around 250K a fight plus a PPV cut and for example, Chuck Liddell is reported to be making around 500K-700K plus cuts.

I don't blame Randy one bit if this is true. You have to stand up for yourself no matter what sport or job you happen to be doing.

**OH YEAH, I have seen reports that the Wvanderlei Silva and Chuck Liddell fight is ON for December!! **