close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Break in the rain, Almost...

Discussion in 'Fish on the Fly' started by Flyfish Dog, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Flyfish Dog

Flyfish Dog Banned

Well went across town to the local reservoir so the dog can play in the water and see how it looks. Found no one fishing so grabbed the 3wt. but it started raining again. So went ahead and fish and try out a new wooly bugger I made a few weeks ago. Caught 3 fish in 10 min time before I had enough of getting soaked. My first 2 cast got 2 bows and a 8 " bluegill a bit later.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Again GREAT CATCH, your lab must be lucky! Maybe I will have to take my lab next time I go fishing ,LOL.

3. Flyfish Dog

Flyfish Dog Banned

You should, my lab has just as much fun as I but she gets impatience if I don't catch much though. Kinda funny but it all having fun.

4. Mine might let me fish with him splashin in the water, thats a LAB for ya. Buy the way how did you fish your wooly bugger? Like a streamer, or let it drift like you do for steelhead? Thanks.

5. Flyfish Dog

Flyfish Dog Banned

Since there not much current in the reservoir beside the wind. So I just Cast it and let it sink and then slowly retreive it. But got them on the fall and watched the line for sudden jerks.

6. I got a bunch of reservoirs around my area,we have caught big crappie out of one inparticular on small jigs.Wouldn't mind giving it a shot with a fly rod this spring.

7. Utard

Utard

Interesting looking bugger. I never figured pink cactus chenille would produce trout and gills in a muddy reservoir. Thanks for sharing...I'm just a little jealous ;)

8. Flyfish Dog

Flyfish Dog Banned

Utard, its not cactus chennile it is homemade dubbing brush made with Pink EP fibers, Pink angel hair and Pink crystal flash.:) First time I used it and I can tell this will a great steelhead pattern!
    This reservoir down here are clear(5-6ft visibility) during the summer and never get gets muddy. Right now it just a slight off color tint.