close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

brakes

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sowbelly101, Oct 29, 2004.

1. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

i changed the pads on my truck a few weeks ago and since it is pullin hard to the left.... i pulled the pads back off and they dont seem to be wearing unevenly. also getting alot of brake dust on the driver side wheel, which is the same way its pulling. is there a certain order to try an troubleshoot this.. when i pulled the wheels off after 300 miles i had the mouse stand on the brakes and the passenger side seems to be grippin, but its hard to tell if there grippin evenly...

i was going to yank them tomorrow and bleed the lines first and if that dont make a difference, i was going to replace the rotors... any suggestions..

thanks in advance
    sowbelly

2. Sounds like the rotors to me or you have air in one of the lines. One rotor could be thinner than the other also. When you changed the pads was one side completly down to nothing ? I would take the rotors off and go to Autozone or somewhere like that and see if they can be turned down. If not get new ones and ALWAYS bleed your brakes after putting new brake pads on......Rich

3. sowbelly101

yeah driver side was worn down more then the passenger side.. now that you say it makes me think the rotors are the problem...

i didnt bleed the brakes either,,, *^%#)#(#%*()..

thanks

4. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

kind of sounds like a sticking caliper to me. Thus causing the break pad thin on that side and the pulling to that side. Drive around and see if gets hotter than the other or hotter than it seem it should.

Bill

5. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

I would just like to say that you are having a better time with your brakes than me . I had mine worked on a few weeks ago and now the abs kicks in all the time and then I begin to slide , even on dry pavement :(

6. catking

catking Banned

Same thing happened to my truck. Pulled to the right for awhile after haveing brakes installed. Turned out to be a caliber sticking, which resulted in one side wearing down to nothing. I even took it in and they said nothing was wrong. But wasn't to long that things went sour. I carry alot of weight in my van....... THE CATKING !!!

7. sowbelly101

i take it that weight would be THE CATKING ???

lol, thanks guys...

8. catking

catking Banned

You're a funny man Pigbelly, and not funny HA HA ;) .You talkin about my weight??? And you go by the name of Sow/Pig/Beer Belly :confused: .I'm :confused: .....DA KING !!!

9. shadowman

shadowman Supreme Being

ifs its a gm, it could be a caliper hanging up or could be the sliders that the caliper slide on, gm,s are famus for this and lastly you could have the brake hose colasping inside of the rubber, its a doulble walled hose and for some reason the hose breaks down inside and slowly starts to close up and when it does what happens is after you leave off the brake pedel it will not let the caliper release as it should it releases slowly so keep in mind that if you don,t find anything wrong with the caliper or the sliders i would than try the hose, this happens quite often but seems to happen on gms more and i think its because gm brk hoes,s come with a metel mounting bracket wrapped around the hose and after time it starts rusting between the bracket and hose causing the hose to start to close up............ :cool:

10. well phil if you didn't buy a cheby you would have been just fine :D

btw I think I seen you at Kroger's Friday

11. sowbelly101

bleeded the lines, front and back and also rotated the tires... still a little pull but nothing like it was..... thanks for all the feedback guys...

sowbelly