Brady Quinn is in!!!???

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by ParmaBass, Nov 3, 2008.

1. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

Here we go........ Is this the move that changes the season???

Just announced on ESPN at 5pm SHARP......

2. Finally, it's a miracle. I didnt think it would ever happen

3. Any bets on when He get's his first boo? Cleveland fans are tough...I hope he's the answer but I'm concerned he doesn't have the receivers to go to. Maybe Cribbs can replace Stallworth. Let's go Browns!

4. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

a last ditch effort of a desperate man (romeo) to save his job.

5. I, of course, am pleased. I will say 1 things...
    1) I will almost BET that Romeo had to be told to bench him. &
    2) Don't bet on Brady lighting it up. He may or may not, but Denver will probably rush the heck out of him. I'm just glad to see this FINALLY happen.
    Mike

6. ParmaBass

Both defenses this Thursday are suspect to say the least. I wouldn't be surprised to see a both teams put up big offensive numbers.

And I totally agree about this NOT being Romeo's decision. Brady will fill the seats for the rest of the home games, this decision was made by the fans and upper management.

My prediction for this Thursday BROWNS 64 BRONCOS 55

7. moondog5814

moondog5814 captainhook

Being a Steeler fan, this is the move that I have feared, since the day that they drafted Brady. My guts were churning when they pulled off the deal to get him. He is a winner and things will only get better for you Browns fans. It is about time!

8. zachtrouter

zachtrouter FISHAHOLIC

What do ya' got to lose??? He will light the broncos up!! GO BROWNIES

9. It's time to put up or shut up...everyone has been calling for this.

10. all we need now is granny from the beverly hillbillies to be head couch.

11. jamal lewis better get me some fantasy points this week since quinn is the QB. i got screwed this pass week when orton got hurt. my team went without a QB for almost 3 quarters. now steelers defense needs to get me 28 points tonight to win

12. ParmaBass

Denver can't defend the run, hopefully Jamal will get us a few fantasy points this game!

13. JUSTCRAZY

JUSTCRAZY Wurlds Wurst Spellor

Once again I think the blame in Cleveland in going to the wrong place, but the change may spark a fire. You never know. Unlike Moondog, I as a Steeler fan have always thought of Quinn as OVERRATED and over hyped! At ND he crapped his pants everytime he was under pressure and was a dud in the big games. But like I said you never know.

So lets talk about the real problems. For having so many millions of dollars in all these great wide receivers when are they going to learn how to catch a ball. And even though your D looks better, it is far from good. Yet Anderson is taking all the blame just like Frye did.

O well, I have enough trouble worrying about my Steelers. They haven't had a good "O" line in 3 or 4 years. They just let all the good ones go! Sure would be nice to get everything you wanted in your favorite team!

Rob

14. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

I cant wait. I just hope he does not force anything knowing this is his shot. If he stays smart he will do fine.

15. i agree with the first part of just crazy's post. im a browns fan but i was not impressed by brady at ND at all.

16. Walleye Mafia

Walleye Mafia Proud Walleye Addict

Being a huge steelers fan myself, I agree about Brady Quinn being too hyped and overated. I believe alot of the blame is in the wrong place here and I believe the same exact thing may happen to him thats happenning to Derek Anderson. Any QB can hand the ball off, but they need recievers to catch the ball, it doesnt matter who's throwing to them. They are a very talented team it just doesnt seem like they can play togethor. Josh cribbs is amazing and Jamal lewis is a bull but the rest of the team has to play with them. I gotta respect Joe Thomas too since he is such an avid fisherman as well!

I personally think Brady starting is going to go completly one way or the other. Its either gonna blow up in their face or they are have a 400 yard offesive game. Just my opinion.

17. I think regardless of my expectations of Quinn's potential I feel this is a long overdue move. How can you give away so much to get the guy and then leave him rot away on your bench. Either he is everything you hoped for and he validates the draft moves or he is a bust. If he is great then why wait to play him? If he is a bust then why keep him around. Even if he falls somewhere in between at least you give the rest of the NFL a look to possibly attract some trade interest. Personally I think he will fare better than Anderson. I think he is entering in to a pretty good situation. They have a good line and a good corp of receivers.

I imagine this decision was done against Romeo's desire as it could be a death blow to him if Quinn were to come out and light it up. Everyone would view his lack of playing time as an inability of Romeo to put the best players on the field. At the same time if he is not able to get them any wins then that will lead to Romeo's exit as well. It would seem to me that it is a no win situation for Romeo.

18. Now... if we can get Braylon to do less interviews/commercials and catch more balls and get Dainty Stallworth off the gravy train, Brady has got a shot.

Some say he was overhyped at Notre Dame and couldn't win the big game, but what other players from that team were good enough to even be drafted? He was known for NOT THROWING PICKS at ND, kind of just the opposite of DA. He was also known for taking command of the huddle, some DA has never done.

Look what ND did after he left. His arm strength is not as good as DA, but his arm is strong enough. BQ is a leader and he'll have some growing pains, but he is their future and DA has already proven he isn't.

Browns - 33
    Broncos - 17

19. Are Browns fans going to chant for Derek Anderson the first time that Quinn has a bad game?