Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys order online from BPS?

I placed an order Sunday for the first time in several years and it still has not shipped? The guys says their warehouse is backed up... Said it was packed and ready, but they said that Monday too.

Just wondering how long you guys usually wait for the package to arrive. Only one thing was on B.O. and will ship when it arrives, they said the rest will ship without it.

Seems everytime I order something online it is always a long, drawn out deal and things never go smoothly.

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
i placed an order on the 28th and think it was shipped on the 30th.received it yesterday,but it had to be shipped west to get east:confused: :D
went from springfield,mo to somewhere around kansas city where it sat for 2 days before heading to columbus.
they tell you it will take 5-10 days for delivery.at least that's what they told me.

·
river & muskie angler, dayhiker
769 Posts
always had to wait longer from bass pro than cabelas. they also use parcel post, i think ups is faster which cabelas uses.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
always had to wait longer from bass pro than cabelas. they also use parcel post, i think ups is faster which cabelas uses.
Who uses parcel post? Everything I've ordered from BPS has come UPS or Fedex never via usps. Back around Christmas I ordered from BPS and got it within a week. I think it took 2 weeks for the combo I ordered to get delivered because it was on back order.

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
you're all wrong,LOL.
i've only ordered twice from bps,and each was different.the mitchell reels a received were shipped standard us parcel post,and got here in less than 5 days.the last order came via fedx,and took 7 days.

·
761 Posts
My last 3 BPS orders have come standard parcel post, and took 5-7 days. I much prefer UPS - at least with the tracking number you know when to look for your package. I think it is the luck of the draw as far as who they ship with.

·
Buckeye-Basser
1,590 Posts
Ive always had trouble with them shipping as far back as I can remember. It is my only complaint about them. I get my Cabelas orders in one to two days. I paid 3 day select UPS one year and got my order in 5 days. At first they tried to blame UPS, but UPS did the 3 day thing they just waited a couple days to ship it. I had to fight with 3 different cust. service reps over a week long period to get my money back on the shipping. It was eventually worth the fight because they did refund all shipping cost and I got free shipping. Every other mail order business Ive ever delt with ships same day or next day except BPS. It takes them 3-5 days just to get it out the door every time I order. Seems to me they need to expand to add a second distibution center. It used to be you could pay $3 to get it out the door quicker and they dont even offer thet any more. If Cabelas had a better bass fishing selection I would change because their shipping and cust. service is by far better.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I won't be ordering from them again.... Someone else has to have the same stuff??? Only reason I ordered from BPS is because they had everything I need, instead of going to three different stores.

It's been three days, and still not shipped....that just a bunch of BS :mad:

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
waiting is just not my thing.that is why i rarely order online.only 2 reasons i will are if i can't find what i want locally,or i happen to come across a deal that i can't come close to locally.most standard prices can be beat locally with no shipping,and i can look at and feel them when purchasing.
ordered 2 packs of roadrunners(that can't be had locally) this last time.they were marked down from 17 to 10 bucks.if i'd only ordered the one i wanted,i'd have still had 17 bucks in it with shipping.luckily fishintiger just had to have some too:D ;) and i ordered two.we shared shipping and still saved 4 bucks each off regular price:)

·
Registered
625 Posts
I placed 2 orders with BPS this past winter. Got them both within 5 - 7 days. Both orders were sent by FedEx also. With the onset of spring and warmer temps., I can see them getting a bit behind.

·
Registered
459 Posts
As far as I know BPS uses parcel post, fed-ex, and ups depending on the situation. That being whichever is cheaper for them. I hate when they ship parcel post, that seems to take the longest. When it comes fed-ex, it seems to be the best. I've never really had a problem with them though except for my combo being on backorder. Took almost a month to get it but not really a shipping problem.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Some BP stuff arrives in 3-5 days, a Mitchel reel special was b/o and arrived in 10 days. Exactly the day they said it would arrive.

This time of year we all order....easy to see how they might be running a bit longer. Managing any business during peak order times is a nightmare.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I ordered last Friday 3/30 got mine today regular mail.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Next time (if there is a next time) try calling instead of using the internet. Ive always called and never had a problem. This years order I received in about 4days. Shipped fedex. They had to backorder an item and I received that about 5 days later. They also offer you specials when you call.
I'll agree that Cabela's ships faster.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, now they said I won't see it until mid next week. So much for having it this weekend. Basically all I ordered was jigs/hooks/sinkers and a couple odds/ends. Simple items...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts