close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

bps baitcasters...anyone use them???

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by basstrackerman, Feb 27, 2005.

1. basstrackerman

basstrackerman marshall

does anyone use bass pro shops baitcast reels? if so do you like them? the newer ones that just came out look great! i want to try the pro light finesse.only 7.9 oz and 7 ball bearings. any feed back would be great.

2. I Don't Know About The Quality Of Reels, Sorry Can't Help, But Maybe You Can Help Me. How Do You Cast The Darn Thing? Tried Three Seperate Reels And Three Reels Got Retuned To The Store. I Always Seem To Go [foof] Birds Nest! I'd Realy Love To Know The Secret.

3. basstrackerman

basstrackerman marshall

do a search on casting them on your home page.all kinds of great info comes up.

4. Thanks, Never Thought Of That.

5. Dingo

Dingo

I bought a "top of the line" spinning reel from BPS a few years ago. One of the bearings (anti-reverse) is not sealed, so when the reel is dunked in the water, it retains water inside the bearing and rusts. I went to BPS in Springfield, MO to their reel repair area, and they said that don't repair those onsite - they must be 'sent in' for repairs. This is due to the fact that the BPS brand are often built by different providers in the same year or year-to-year. If the reel would have been a shimano, they would have repaired it or provided replacement bearings onsite. I couldn't even purchase the parts at their flagship store.

From now on, I will stick with the name brand items so I can get replacement parts and/or repairs locally.

6. Just went out and bought a few combos, one of them being the Rick Clunn series baitcaster with 8 BB. Feels smooth casting it in the house but will be taking it out for the real test here soon, whenever these winter storms pass. Will let ya know!! The girlfriend don't care much for being a flipping target :)

7. basstrackerman

basstrackerman marshall

dingo....the new one for 05 say sealed bearings.i have the johnny morris sig edition spinning reel and its so smooth and sweet.was just hoping the baitcasters were as good.my next choice would be quantum pt series.

8. Wake Zone,
    I sent you a PM on some suggestions with baitcasters as far as my preferences, general usage, adjusting the reel for the lure and how to easily get out backlashes 85% of the time.

9. Fastlane

Fastlane Fishless as usual

I have one that was part of a combo. Got it for Christmas 2 years ago. I really like mine and have not had any trouble with it yet. Very smooth and light. Rarely backlashes.

10. Bass_Hawg

Bass_Hawg Certified Hawg Master

I love the BPS Reels. I have 2 of the BPS Extreme bait casters and 2 of the new Pro series BPS reels which I can’t seem to find anywhere now. Anyway, they are great reels for the dollars and seem to be of great quality so far. I have had 2 for over 2 years with no major issues. You do need to clean them as with any reel to keep them in good shape. One of the best things about these reels is that Bass Pro usually always backs there products even if the warranties is up.

I still dont think anything can top the Shimano for quality long lasting product but it sure is hard to dish out 120 + for 1 reel when you can get about 3 bass pro extream reels for $150.

11. BASSTRACKERMAN:
    Yes I have 3.....2-PRO QUALIFIERS Round baitcasters-{PQR1000H-6.1:1}.I have them with me every time out.Spinnerbaits and Buzzbaits.
    The other one I got on sale{30.00} was a MEGA CAST-1 {6.3:1}2 BALLBEARINGS} I don't like it at all.Sounds like a coffee grinder.I use as a backup Muskie rod&reel combo.Looks good but that's it.