close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

BPS, anyone?

Discussion in 'Guns and Ammo' started by Deadwood, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Yesterday I drove over near Washington Courthouse to a gun store looking for a couple barrels and a Sweet Sixteen. They did not have what I was looking for but while looking around a Browning BPS with straight stock caught my eye. It was the first time I had ever looked at one.Only thing kept me from buying it was it only had a 22 inch bbl. and it was made west of San Fransisco.
    Today I made a couple calls and I can order one in 16 gauge with a 24 inch bbl. But before I part with the coins I would like to know if anyone has one of these guns and how do you like it. is it reliable? Is it a new design or is it just another copy of the good old Remington 10/29/31.
    BTW, This was my first visit to this shop, folks there were friendly and helpfull.

2. I bought a 10 ga BPS when they first came out back in the 80's (I think) . Good gun never had a problem with it . The first bunch they put out had a problem with the blue coming off . Browning would reblue the gun if you shipped it back , but I use it for a fox and duck hunting so it really didn't matter to me . Never jams with 10 ga 3 1/2 inch shells .