close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bowhunting starts sat...where should i go?

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by Hummel, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Going to go hunting for some bucks this weekend.

can anybody give me advice on where to go? i hear wildcat hollow is poppin....where in the hocking hills vicinity is the best state park or area to hunt.

any advice would be appreciated..

this is my first time bowhunting....

2. bobk

bobk

The Wayne is full of deer. Zaleski is a good area also. On our land I'm finding many scrapes and rubs. This weekend should be a bit cooler also. Good Luck
    Bob

3. littleking

littleking Crossing Lines LIKE A PRO

alum creek holds some nice deer, get out and knock on some doors

4. Man, If you have not been out and scouted an area back in Aug and 1st of Sept, well. It will probably be your blind luck to nail a 10pt. opening day.

5. littleking

littleking Crossing Lines LIKE A PRO

i love how there are so many hunters that want other people to do all of the leg work for them

6. This guy says it is his first time bowhunting and instead of helping him out or general encouragement you knock him for not doing it YOUR WAY. It is comments like that, that drive new hunters away. Please be an advocate of the sport not an A$$hole of it!

I am not that familiar with your area other than hunting at Blue rock afew times. There were alot of deer and nice looking woods with alot of horse trails so getting in and out of the woods was easy. Here is a link to the ODNR info on it. I would try to find a map or topo of the are aand look for water and food sources near heavy cover. Do this and you will find the deer. I would also look for white oak stands there will be deer traveling through top eat the acorns. Let me know if there is any way I can help more.

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/forests/bluerock/tabid/5148/Default.aspx

Scott