close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bowfishing Tourny - 8/23/08

Discussion in 'Bowfishing' started by Carpn, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Carpn

Carpn BOWFISHERMAN

Details are still being decided but it is going to be a big 20 held on the Ohio River. 2 or 3 man teams. Trailering will be allowed. We are still deciding on a location to have the preshoot meeting and the weigh in but it will be in the Cincinnati area. Hours will be 8 pm till 6 am.

NOTE: Date has been changed to 8-9-08

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  2. Ðe§perado™

Ðe§perado™ Catfisherman/Bowfisherman

3. We'll be there.....Any one else coming???

4. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

How big of a OB motor do you need to be safe on the river?

5. i would if i had a set up and my driver licences

6. Carpn

Carpn BOWFISHERMAN

With it being a trailer tourny I'd say ya don't even need a outboard. I have some buddys that have done plenty of fishing with just a trolling motor. They just fish near the ramp. I think lotsa folks have some missconceptions about the river. Just use good common sense as you would on any body of water and you'll be fine. The river should be at normal pool for this shoot so it won't be flowing hard and there shouldn't be any debris. If by some fluke the water is in bad shape we are gonna relocate the tourny to Caesars Creek or Rocky fork.

7. carpassassin

carpassassin Got ta luv it!!!!

I might be there depends on the new wife and job.

8. Carpn

Carpn BOWFISHERMAN

Hope to see ya there. I can understand if ya don't make it though. Just trying to get as many Ohio bowfishers in one spot as I can.

9. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

I'll be there if my ride can make it (Desperado) My bow is ready to go. I havent got to go out yet this year.

10. Carpn

Carpn BOWFISHERMAN

The preshoot meeting is going to be held at the Woodland Mound boat ramp at 7 PM. The ramp is located at the intersection of 9 mile road and route 52 about 5 miles east of 275 on the east side of Cinci.

11. Hum !!! I might have to go get the gear for my crossbow and get back into this again;) I used to have a blast doing it.Might b asking u guys some ? soon.

12. Carpn

Carpn BOWFISHERMAN

13. Carpn

Carpn BOWFISHERMAN

The question came up as to whether you had to stay in the main river....No, you can fish the tributaries and bays up to the first riffle or dam.

14. Just ordered everthing that i Needed so if it all gets here in time my son and I will be there :)

15. Carpn

Carpn BOWFISHERMAN

Buffalo Wild Wings
    OHIO PIKE (#0001)
    617 West Ohio Pike
    Cincinnati, OH 45245
    Phone: 513-943-9464

A few of us are gonna meet here for dinner before the shoot. Probably meet around 5ish or a little later. Let me know if your planning on joining us.

Jake

16. Carpn

Carpn BOWFISHERMAN

Well, the tourny has came and went. We had 9 teams show up with a total of 23 people. The river was in great shape and I think everyone had plenty of fish to shoot at. The format ended up being a big 10 with a side pot for big fish and small fish. Mark Whitacre and team won with 178#, Jason fox and team took 2nd with 163#, Big fish honors went to Fox's team with a 32# bighead and small fish also went to fox's team with a teeny sucker fish. Marks team came in with 5 grass carp which really helped push there weight up. Anytime you can find these guys in a tourny and manage to get them in the boat you stand good odds of winning...Great job and thanks to everyone who attended.

17. We had a good turn out for this shoot and I am wondering if there is any interest in having one or two more shoots next year..(In addition to this one)I know Clarence(Desperado) has said he would be willing to hold a shoot some where around the Columbus area..I would like to hold a shoot on Mosquito Lake in early June..Formats can be what ever the majority of people want to shoot(ie.Big 5,10,15,20) I know that most guys dont have large enough boats to shoot numbers so we can stick to most weight for a number of fish formats..Let me know what you think....

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  18. Carpn

Carpn BOWFISHERMAN

I'd like to have another shoot or two. I'm gonna try and have a early season shoot in late feb or mar on Caesars Creek...Its gonna be dependant on weather and ice conditions though so it'll probably be a last minute announcement.
    I think everyone would had a great time at the Ohio river shoot last yr. Conditions were good and I think almost everyone saw what kinda fishing the river can offer up. The only issue is that the river conditions are constantly changing. Late summer offers the best chance of clear main channel water which gives you the best chance of consistent fishing.

19. All this bowfishing talk is getting me exited! I think the big 10 with big and small fish pots are the way to go on Erie but numbers would be OK on smaller bodies of water. Sometimes its just nice to not have to handle so many fish at weigh-in if you know what i mean.