Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
There are conflicting reports on that, but my son was told by a ranger that there was no bowfishing allowed in the city of C-bus ........... dangerous weapon BS. That was 2 years ago & we've lived by that rule. He was at Capital U & couldn't shoot the hoards of carp swimming around in Alum Creek right by his house. Would love to shoot the hogs on the Olentangy & Scioto around campus & downtown.
Each municipality seems to have their own rules & it can be quite a hassle to get a straight answer from them. We stay out in the country & there's not a concern.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Might want to double check since I was told that a bow was considered a "dangerous weapon", not a firearm. I think it's stupid, but it's not worth my time to try to fight it as I have way too many other options that don't include the hassle.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Might want to double check since I was told that a bow was considered a "dangerous weapon", not a firearm. I think it's stupid, but it's not worth my time to try to fight it as I have way too many other options that don't include the hassle.
Yeah, I plan to check with an officer soon because I would like to set up a target in my back yard to get ready to possibly bow hunt this season.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.