close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

bow fishfinder

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by Warpath, Jun 21, 2005.

1. I bought an X-67c last year when Galyan's became DSG (thanks JBJ, you're the man!). Now I want to install it on the bow of my boat.

My ? is, how should I attach the transducer to the trolling motor, without having too much left over wire to interfere witht he TM or me for that matter? I have the bracket, but when I run the transducer cable it leaves a lot of slack which I have no idea what to do with. Help!

Eric

2. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

i'd just coil the extra up at the fishfinder itself(or under the bow deck where you can access it)with a twist tie or zip strip.if your trolling motor is adjustable (depth wise)make sure to leave enough slack cable to the transdeucer to allow for setting the motor deeper.

3. I would think that you surely have something that you could hide it behind, i would just coil it up and kind of wedge it in a little spot, makeing sure not to bend the wires to an extreme 180 degrees. Use little zip ties to keep it neat.
    J

4. Now that I'v eattached the transducer cable to the shaft of my trolling motor, I need for it to run to the other side where the finder is located. I know I ned to leave some slack, but would you guys drill a hole to put it through the gunwale, and another below the fishfinder?

Or would you use my trolling motor socket to direct the wire to the other side and drill a hole for the wire to come out at the depth finder?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope these pics might help.....

Thanks,

Eric

5. Drilling one hole in you boat is better than drilling two, but this one would probably have to be personal preferences, the question is, can you handle the wire showing a little bit by running it through the trolling motor hole, or would you rather hide the wire completely and drill two holes. Me personally, I would just use the trolling motor hole.
    Good Luck
    J