bow buck

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by HUNTorFISH, Dec 4, 2008.

1. went out Friday November 21st in the morning in the 20 degree weather and winds. At 8 am I could make out deer running thru the thicket to me. Ended up being 3 does being chased by a 6 pointer. They all went within 5feet of my tree. About 75 yds behind them I saw more deer coming on the same path right to me. This ended up being around 6 does and yearlings being chased by a basket 8 pointer. Some of these does stop 10 yds from my tree as this 8 point starts chasing all the does around in circles around my tree. About 100 yds behind this group of deer comes more deer running. I think there was 1 doe and 2 yearlings in this that was being chased by another young buck. So I have all these deer within 50 yds of my stand running like crazy. (I really don’t know how many deer I had around me, im pretty sure there ended up being 15 deer though.) That’s when I saw this massive body deer coming. I knew he had a pretty good rack but when I saw how big bodied this deer was I knew he was a mature deer and a shooter. He ended up going right under my tree and then I was able to stop him at 15 yds for a quartering away shot. Saw my arrow sticking out and knew I had lodged it in the opposite shoulder. He made it 60 yds and collapsed. Im guessing he weighed 225 field dressed, and if it weren’t for the 2 busted points then he would have grossed in the 125 area. Gotta love bowhunting the rut! new to the site so i'll see if i post pictures correctly.
    i am 6'3 to give you an idea of the size of the deer. 18" inside spread

Attached Files:

2. OSU_Fisherman

OSU_Fisherman Bassin' Buckeye

Congrats on the Buck! Also, nice first post.

3. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Nice kill man! Which part of the state?

4. Nice mature deer! Congrats!

5. he was taking in Perry county

6. Congrats! That's a fine buck!

7. ...OSU Fisherman said it all...Great Deer and Post...Congrats...C.L....