Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where are you able to find it?
In our liquor store. We got an unexpected delivery. However it was still gone in 2 minutes. Last Monday there were over twelve people waiting in line. Case of 6. Half were happy, other half not so much...

Ive tried couple other bourbons..(Wellers Antique, Eagle Rare, Larceny, etc) whereas they are all good, they are not Blanton's

·
Bud n Burgers
2,542 Posts
LOL, available for two minutes sounds about right, stuff is crazy hard to find. Folks buy it for $60 and re-sell it online for $200, not a bad gig.

·
Registered
589 Posts
The unicorn of bourbons, was only lucky enough to find one bottle so far over the years. Pennsylvania handles all of the liquor here and the managers have their pet customers.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The unicorn of bourbons, was only lucky enough to find one bottle so far over the years. Pennsylvania handles all of the liquor here and the managers have their pet customers.
State has no mercy on employees if they get caught holding back any hard liquor. Not saying its not done, (and IT IS not done in my store..believe me I tried. )I have to stand in line and I cant be first. Even though I know the minute it hits the dock. I cant pull a bottle out and run to the register and pay for it. Now I waited to long last week to get Royal Crown Peach.. We got six cases in and I forgot to get some. It actually lasted till the next day.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Fairly new to the bourbon scene but Blanton's is certainly on my wish list.

As far as sales associates holding product back for family and friends, I busted a place once with Eagle Rare behind the counter. I initially asked for it and both associates claimed that it came in earlier today but was all sold. I walked around a corner and seen a reflection of three bottles under the counter and said "Hey, good news! I found some more Eagle Rare. It's behind the counter, right in front of your legs!" They put on a little act and "Oh, gosh, who put that there?" I got my bottle and left with a smile.

I enjoy most bourbons I've tried along with a variety of rye and scotch.
The only bottle that I found truly disgusting is Watershed Bourbon. The nose is pure swamp muck with rotting crustaceans. The finish is significantly worse.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
about 10 years ago i poured some concrete for an older fellow down in stone creek ohio. he was born in west virgina, he had an old root celler built into the side if a hill and he made whiskey. im not a whiskey drinker just beer or a good home made wine or once in awhile a good shine, well he gave me a 2 liter pop bottle full of it as a gift. he said it was bourbon, it sat around the house for a while and one evening i took it for a test drive, i poured a half glass over ice and took a drink and it was like a slice of heaven. it had that wood grain taste and it was smoooth, so the next day my brother and his friend stopped over and asked them to try it. well im pretty sure they liked it as they finished off the whole bottle. drove down there a few years ago with hopes of getting some more and found out that the old fellow had passed on. but my what a gift that was

·
Registered
240 Posts
I scored a couple bottles of Henry McKenna but like Eagle Rare just a little more. Being almost $20 cheaper doesn't hurt either .

Tonight's pour is Old Grandad bib with a side of Nilla Wafers.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Tonight's pour is Old Grandad bib with a side of Nilla Wafers.[/QUOTE]

Nice.. my vice is wheat thins with mine

1 - 20 of 60 Posts