·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·

Where rumor started

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
I would definitely turn coyotes in for a bounty. It’s a constant battle to keep them under control on our farm. I have dedicated a lot of time and money to maximize our habitat to increase the deer, turkey, pheasant, and rabbit population as well as many non game species. When left unchecked the coyote population gets out of control. They are not a native species in Ohio, so I have no issues with removing as many as possible.
So many double standards being set these days.. ...pheasants are a freaking Chinese bird in the first place....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
321 Posts
I don’t like killing anything without atleast using part of the animal wether it’s meat or fur. Granted I’m not saying I haven’t or don’t. But I CAN wait till their fur is prime and get some use out of them. Im not against someone killing them anytime, it’s perfectly legal I just choose not too. If I wait to kill them in winter or do it in summer it is still a dead coyote. Only difference is I got use out of its fur in the winter. Can I ask how many yotes you have trapped/killed in the last few years? Or are you only willing to get after them if you can get a bounty? In my area they are not a problem. We keep them in check with trapping/hunting. If they are out of control in an area it’s because the local hunters/trappers aren’t doing their part. I know Muddy kills them but if he’s the only one in his area doing it then it’s definitely not going to be enough. Im sure he’s not the only hunter within 5-10 miles of his property.
Glad they are not an issue in your location. I have yotes all over the area and can't hunt them. City location. I have seen them in daylight and night. There is scat in the yards. I own two small dogs and have to go out with them to keep them safe.

·
Registered
6,110 Posts

Where rumor started
That says nothing about the DNR "kicking around " the idea. That's one person saying the HE thinks they should look into it. And that one person probably hasn't bothered to look into how coyote bounties have faired in the past. It's always been a waste of money. I'm all for making a few extra bucks for something I do anyways, but it's not going to make a bit of difference . In a few years we'd probably end up with more coyotes than we started with because every Tom, Dick, and Harry would be out there trying to call them in, and accomplishing nothing but educating them to the point that experienced callers would have trouble killing any.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts