close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bottom Line Fishin' Buddy?

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by mousejam515, Jul 18, 2004.

1. dip

dip dip

ain't used it yet and had problems getting it to power up.... had to dremel a tab on each side of the battery holder to make a positive contact.... seems like an adequate finder and looking forward to trying it as long as no more deer play chicken with my truck.

my other finder is an eagle portable that came with a battery pack (2 lantern batteries) but buckeye tom had it wired to go on trolling battery.... either one is very easy to use.

2. I always liked mine. Helped me time and time again find the roadbed at Piedmont when I only had my 12 foot semi-V. I haven't used it in a while. I may sell it, who knows. Keep an eye on the "marketplace" forum. Maybe I'll post it this week. I may be posting a few things, including the 12' boat, minus trailer... we'll see...

Carl

3. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I have a Eagle(about 7 years old, but one of the better ones of its time) and a Botomline 1100 I bought new last year. The Eagle is great, but the Botomline is not as accurate or as clearly defined picture of the bottom of the lake.. I will be taking it off this winter, moving the Eagle to the dash and putting a new Lorance on the bow. Spend the extra money it is worth it. I'll sell my Botomline 1100 at the end of this season cheap. The prices have come way down recently anyway. Go to a local tackle dealer. Gander Mountain for example has them on display and working. It all depends on what you want from your unit. I tournament fish so I need something better. Check different manufactures web sites also. Most will answer any questions you have within a day.