close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

boston whaler 4 sale

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by paco, Aug 29, 2004.

1. paco

paco

0   0   0

ok i have no place to store this boat this winter so its up for sale . its a 1972 13 footer no motor . i have a newer hummingbird fish finder that will go with it cabelas cover that is about a 1 1/2 old and a few other things . anyone that knows these boats knows they are very safe and sturdy . the boat has had hull work and is not mint but it gets the job done and you can't sink it . here is a link to some pics boat pics look under my boat and truck . price is $600 obo . in the one pics you will see some hull damage witch will be fixed before anyone gets it . any ? just ask or e mail me paco355@aol.com

2. canoebill

canoebill

0   0   0

The main problem found with older whalers is water saturation of the foam core bonding the inner and outer shells. How long have you owned this boat and do you know the extent of the previous repairs to the hull and how much time has it spent in the water with the current tear in the skin? On the transom, did it once have tilt/trim installed and the remaining holes were filled with liquid nail adhesive or the like?

Most of the 13 foot whalers I've seen have the small side console and controls. Did this one have them and they are missing or is this the standard model?

3. paco

paco

0   0   0

the tear in the side i put in it last winter on berlin the ice found a thin spot in the outer hull . it hasn't been in the water since that day . you can see in the other pics i have another boat . i knock tested this hull before bring it home for water saturation . i know it has had hull work before the paint isn't right and you can tell some of the lines are off . i did fill holes in the transom from a different motor that was on it . when i had it i had a 9.9 on it and it bolted on . when i got this boat it had been sitting for 2 years or so and all i got was the hull and a trailer i don't know what it had for options . i made the benches and hatch cover for it .