Bonus catch on the GMR today

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Salmonid, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Got out for a little catting this afternoon, it was spitting rain, windy and warm, a perfect time to get out on the river, Hit one of Dinkbusters holes called the "Jungle" and was throwing cut shad ( frozen) in small pieces (quarter to half dollar size) on a 3 way and a 6/0 Gama circle.
    First hit was the best suprise of the day, week, month, maybe even winter! a 4 lb flattie, whoo hooo:D :B
    then took 3 more channels and then the last fish ( making 5 for the 2 hrs) was another nice suprise, a real nice 7 lb 3 oz channel. All in all a great time to be out except for the 20 minute walk out in the pouring rain.. should have left after the big guy was landed.;)

I hope you enjoy the pics!
    Flattie, just over 4 lbs
    [​IMG]

and another shot, very pretty
    [​IMG]

smaller channels

[​IMG]

Medium channel (3 lbs)

[​IMG]

and the 7 lb 3 oz channel, compare the size to the pic above ( same rock they are resting on)
    [​IMG]

Enjoy,
    Salmonid

2. FlyAddict

FlyAddict Fly Guy

Good job Mark,

I was regretting all day that I didn't take off work to go fishing, now I'm jealous!;) I knew it would have been good. Have you heard of anyone fishing the Mad yet?

Again, good job, pics look great!

Joel

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

A Jan Flattie is great, no matter what the size! Good job!

Someone got a 32# Flathead around the Musk River on Sunday. That must have been awsome!!!!!

4. Hey, I thought youse guys were flyboys! ;)
    Great day Mark, man, I'm gettin' twitchy over hear! :D
    LMJ

5. fisherman5567

fisherman5567 Fishin Everyday

Hey great job Mark! That flattie has some nice coloring! How was the flow?

6. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

thats AWESOME a flattie in January and some nice channels too .......WAY TO GO !!

7. Awsome job! how deep was the water you were fishing?

8. awesome job...the only thing wrong with it was it should have been me....lol.....great job ......Mike

9. Fish all came along a current seam /eddy in about 6-8 feet of water, the flows just slightly above normal with pretty decent visability, more gren then brown, looked like perfect saugeye casting water

LMJ, when in Rome my friend....
    Salmonid

10. DOOD! a January flattie!?! thats more rare than a "Flathunter sighting"!:D

11. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Very nice Mark. Really nice colors on that fish too!

12. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

thought for a while all the flatties went south for winter.... very rare treat indeed to hook up on one this time of year.... congrats mark

13. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

great catch mark, i think that flathead got lost lol. you rarely see those this time of the year great job

14. 'Salmonid' Thanks for the post and the pictures. It does wonders for the Cabin Fever. Good looking fish. TightLines!

15. Nice catch there Salmonoid. Those things must have been eating good lately. That one looks to have a belly like my brothers. Sticking out beyond what it should.