close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bolivar Dam

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by catfisherman, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Hey anyone, fished Bolivar dam lately. I'm thinking of trying their in the next few days, but was wandering if was worth it. I will be fishing for cats and carp. depends on when I go. If its durning the day then carp and if at nite then cats. Thanks in advance. Andy

2. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I am also curious as I have never fished this place before. I want to try it out, but have not heard a lot about it.

3. Hey Rockbass since nobody was replying, me and a buddy went there today and caught about 30 small bullhead cats and one carp all on nite crawler. We fished from about 12:30 till about 3:30. Nothing of size though.

4. rockbass

rockbass Banned

At least you did not get skunked! I would like to catch some of those bullheads for catfish bait. I am not going to have a chance to get there though before the tourney this weekend! Too bad!

Thanks for the reply!

5. Hey thought I would put this thread back onto thought I would put this post back on the first page, haha. I haven't been to Bolivar Dam in YEARS. Whats the biggest catfish/carp you guys have ever caught there. I would like to go sometime, unfortunately I forget how to get there.

Rob T.

6. My biggest carp was about 20pds that came out of there but that was a few yrs back. I have not done to much catfishing in there, but a guy I talked with last yr catches some pretty big cats on live bluegills. so their must be some big ones in there.

As far as getting there: get off of 77 south at the bolivar exit. and head towards mcd. Thier is a road rite before u get to the hotel turn left and then make another left at the first road u will think ur going into a housing area. but just follow that back. its a little bit of a drive back that road, then make a left at the fishing hours sign. and ur there.

7. georgio P

georgio P Freshwater Ecologist

Bolivar Spillway-

I will be there tomorrow , going for Northern Pike, Pulled a big one out of there 4 years ago. Some nice Smallmouth right under the wall of the spillway if you are using minnows.
    That spillway is famous for huge carp of 15+ pounds, you can get them by using whole-kernal corn for bait during the daylight hours. Cast in the middle of the spillway, where is looks a little calmer than the current and fish tightline. I don't think that you can fish there after dusk?? Will update...

A lot of suckers and Rock Bass in there otherwise to be had with spinners and minnows.

The big flood of early '05 makes current fishing at the Spillway questionable ,
    I will give an update of how we do there.
    George