close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bodyworks2

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Lewzer, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Went to the Cleveland Science Center Friday night. They have the Bodyworlds2 on exhibit right now.
    Awesome!!!!!

Real people plasticized and disected on display. Showed brains that have partially died from a stroke. Hearts after a heart attack, livers with cancer and cirrhosis and smoker lungs and a coal miner's lungs. All compared with normal healthy organs.
    In June, buy one adult get one half price (Not advertised). Evenings are $5 cheaper and you don't have hundreds of screaming kids to deal with.
    If you get a chance go see it.

http://www.bodyworlds.com/en/pages/ausstellungsinhalte.asp

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  2. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

I went to a class once to stop smoking. They passed around some lungs, one healthy and one from a smoker, maybe one with emphazima too. Anyway, the good lung looked like a piece of meat from the butcher, the bad ones were black & had holes in them, etc. Pretty impressive. I didn't quit then (1977) but I did in Dec of 1990

3. "In June, buy one adult get one half price (Not advertised)."

That sounds like a bargain. I can buy a couple and prop them up around the house so it looks like I have company over. Would the plasticizing process keep them from stinking or do I have to get a big refrigerator to keep them in?