close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Body Shop

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by DavidWS10, Sep 23, 2004.

1. DavidWS10

DavidWS10 Bankless Boat Trash

I should be getting my truck back from the body shop tomorrow evening. At least, I hope I do. The rental I've had this week is a 2003 Chevy Silverado 4x4 with the 5.7(?)L V-8. It has tons of power and will pass everything on the highway but a gas pump. I've had this truck since Tuesday, and by the time I turn it in tomorrow, I will have put in $30.00 worth of gas. But no only is it a gas-hog, it doesn't ride nearly as nice as my Explorer does - which is 4 years older. Also, to me the seats aren't as comfortable as those in my Explorer. But anyways, I didn't mean to rant about the rental I was given. Actually I wanted to fill everyone in about the aftermath of the wreck. First off, the estimate for fixing my truck came out to $999.54; that includes repairing the driver's-side frame rail where the trailer hitch mounts, replacing the rear bumper and cover, replacing the trailer hitch, and replacing a cracked piece of plastic on the passenger side rear quarterpanel. There was no paint work necessary because there wasn't any sheet metal damage.

Now here is the kicker about the wreck itself. Not only did the girl who hit me not have any insurance, she also didn't have a driver's license. I'm contacting a lawyer tomorrow to find out if I have a case for a lawsuit.

2. did you have uninsured coverage? or full coverage? if yes your insurance company will go after her for you

3. if she was HOTT you could work something out

or just get her number for me!!!! :D

4. was she HOTT?

if all else fails just pass her phone number to me. Warm is ok too, doesn't have to be totally HOTT :D

5. No insurance, no license good luck collecting! :mad:

Mike

6. DavidWS10

Geico is going after her. I'm just glad to now have my truck back.

7. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

PoleSnatcher and other inquiring minds want to know, WAS SHE HOT!!!!! :p
    Come'on details son, details!!!!! :D Raider(.)(.)

8. DavidWS10

I have no idea if she was hot or not. I never got to see her. Because of muscle spasms in my back I wasn't capable of walking immediately after the wreck, so the Boone County Deputy took care of everything for me.

Right now, I'm really starting to have an anger control problem stemming from the wreck. First, I find out this woman doesn't have any insurance, then I find out she didin't have a license, either. Now, after picking up my truck this evening, I'm feeling screwed by the insurance company and Walt Sweeney Ford's body shop. The replacement parts that were installed are sub-standard, non-genuine Ford replacement parts. Not only does the bumper not line up right, it doesn't have the same factory finish of the original. The hitch that was installed isn't as heavy duty as the original. And a bent spot on the passenger side frame rail wasn't even touched. Am I being too picky? Is it too much to ask that the vehicle be restored to the same condition it was in before the accident?

Another thing that has me bent out of shape is Kentucky's "No Fault" accident laws. I'm going to be penalized for doing everything right, while someone else's negligence goes unpunished. It isn't right.

9. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

Sounds like a winner to me. You could sue, but without either one of those things, she probably doesn't have anything else either. I will refer you to Polesnatchers thread on revenge.

10. A Ford body shop should only be using GENUINE FORD replacement parts. If things are not to your standards TAKE IT BACK and make them fix it right. If the frame was bent it SHOULD be fixed correctly

11. and some pictures could help in finding out if she was hott or not :D