close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bobs bar

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by crooked stripe, Feb 3, 2005.

1. crooked stripe

crooked stripe fishn and flyn

There is a lake behind Bobs bar at the portage lakes. I don't know if it is part of east res or not. I met a fellow yesterday that had a good size bag of nice gills. Has anyone fished this area? I have seen a few guys there from time to time over the years but never gave it a thought till yesterday. From fishing east I know it gets pretty shallow when you head to that area. If I remember they are building some mega houses in that area. This guy was really tight liped and all my questions where avoided. John

2. There are some honey holes in there, it is a common place to fish, kind of a pain going down the hill to get to it but worth it, make sure you dont park at bobs because he will have your car towed.

3. DAVEM

DAVEM TOP WATER SMALLIES

Crooked Stripe the lake you are talking about is Miller Lake and it is one of the best lakes I have ever fished for BIG redears and bluegills. It is full of lily pads on the south end and as you go North it gets deeper. That place almost cost me my marriage. I fished it everyday all season. Good luck. Best bait used to be a ratfinkee with a maggot. I think you can still park at Danos Pub.

4. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

you can still park at danos, make sure you stop in for a nice meal or drink afterwards, it's what keeps the fishermen from getting our cars towed.

5. crooked stripe

crooked stripe fishn and flyn

I will give it a try when my vex comes. Thanks for the replys, John

6. I believe that I fished that area in open water a couple years ago and it yielded some of the largest redear I've ever caught. I've always wanted to hit it through the ice. Let us know how you do...