close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

BoatUS towing membership

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by DaleM, Jan 24, 2008.

1. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

I just re-newed my BoatUS for another year. The best part is they are offering unlimited towing, yes I said unlimited, for only $34.00 a year. That's much better than the $120.00 that I paid last year. My total this year for unlimited towing, road service and membership was $67.00 total. Last year it was,$153.00. Check your membership and see if you are offered the same. I got my notice through an e-mail. Here's a copy of the statement:

Renew Now! We have great news - our Freshwater Towing prices have been slashed by 70%! You can now get Unlimited Service at an exceptional value of only $34 (instead of the usual $120)!

2. Dixie Chicken

Dixie Chicken I AM THE VOICE OF REASON!

A few friends signed up at the Cleveland boat show and got a free canvas bag. Plus they added trailer insurance for another $10.00.
    This is a great deal!
    DC

3. DaleM

I didn't get the free bag, but saving $80.00 is a better deal:D
    The trailor is only $10.00 also. that's for up to 100 miles of towing and unlimited number of calls.

4. do they have anything for "on the water" tows??? That could be handy!!!

5. DaleM

That's what I'm talking about. The price was $34.00, normal price is $120.00 that's for "unlimited towing on the water" The trailor towing and road service is $10.00 a year.
    Go to USboat.com and check it. Anyone that os on Erie should have that.

6. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

7. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

dale, my question is, does the $34 cover you for any distance offshore/ unlimited tow time ect? I know when i speak to them last year i understood that the $110 only covered the first $700 of the bill. Is this still the same?

8. DaleM

This is unlimited towing period. No extra cost period, no matter where I'm towed from.This covers anywhere on Erie or any other lake that has tow boat service. NO LIMITS! Of course on Erie I'll never be that far anyway. I got this today through an E-Mail, renewed and have received my conformation already. Not sure if others will get this but I called them and they assured me I am covered for unlimited towing. I understand what you are all saying and that's what it cost me last year. This year I'm saving $80.00 when I get my card I'll copy it and show you it's as I posted.

9. ParmaBass

$34 is a sweet deal for unlimited towing. I think I read somewhere a tow company out of Edgewater Marina offers a seasons worth of towing for $75. Anyone confirm this or have any more info? The season ran from May through November I believe.

10. Thanks Dalem,
    I do not need to renew yet,But signed up as a new member to make sure I get the saving.paid close to 100.00 dollars more last year.I tried to Renew and was told my membership was not up yet.So I became a new member ;)
    The Deal Might not be around in april.

11. Dixie Chicken

Dixie Chicken I AM THE VOICE OF REASON!

Dale is correct guys.

Also Parma Bass there is a local tow service out of Cleveland and I think it is about $75.00 another great deal. I think the name is Cleveland Marine Towing. A friend of mine had to use them last year just about dark out of Edgewater and they were there in NO TIME!
    I think there counterpart Mentor Marine Towing will be at our upcoming outdoor show in Willowick March 1 & 2, 2008.

DC

12. DaleM

Great Wally,
    maybe a few others will take advantage of this offer. A saving of $100 is well worth it.

13. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

hott off the press info: just spoke to boatus on this, basically its for inland only (lake erie included) its $34 plus $19 membership fees. It is unlimited no matter what, but if you are farther than 25 miles from the nearest towing port, it only covers the first $2500 of the bill. If you are a new member, and have completed the US Coast Guard safety course- they will waive the membership fees.

14. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

DC, actually cleveland marine towing is under Boat US, they are a tow boat for this company. So if you did the Boat Us membership for $34, CMT would tow you in. Saves you another $40 there :D

15. ParmaBass

Thanks Gju, I'll have to give them a call. Did they happen to mention how long this deal was going to last?

16. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

yep, i made sure to ask that question so i wouldnt miss out on it---its their standard price from now on. Not a limited time offer. Seems like there isnt a "dead zone" in all of lake erie honestly, unless you are hugging the canada line, East and west, there is a BoatUs port within 25 miles the whole way. Definitly a deal you cant beat, i signed up. I just have to get my Coast Guard safety course in.....They said it doesnt count with me actually being in the Coast Guard, i still have to take the test, no biggie though. I guess im off to study for the test, should be pretty tough i imagine :D

17. DaleM

Thanks for the news. I see they told you the same they told me:D Anyone that doesn't have this better jump on it. Great price for a great service.

18. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

definitly jump on it, again, thanks for the heads up dale

19. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

I have BoatUSA also, and I'm fairly sure it's near time to renew. So that's even a little more "peace of mind"! Nice to know they're upgrading, so to speak.

20. That is a SUPER deal!!!

I know someone that paid $750 to get a 5 minute push off a sand bar... sign me up!!!! Imagine the fee for a big pull :C