close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

boating course april 5th and 12th niles,oh.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ezbite, Mar 18, 2008.

1. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

i was out at the niles gander mtn today and they will be having a 4 hour boating course in their lodge area on april 5th and 12th given by the akron div of watercraft. it will cost you 5 bucks to attend. as i was reading the posting they had up about this, i said to myself "ha, i dont need that" that is exactly why im going to the one on the 5th. i hope to see some other ogf members from the area there too. i know i need the refresher:p

:confused: guess you'll need the times too:confused: ...9am till 1pm

2. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

Not to hijack but has anyone done the online courses?

3. ezbite

i did test that you study for and send back in and got the card, i just think i could use the refresher.

4. That's a good idea EZ.

Thanks for posting.

5. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

I saw this on the ODNR Div. of Watercraft site last week. I would like to go but I have other obligations for those days. The site says there is a 5 dollar charge for the class.

http://www.ohiodnr.com/watercraft/coursesearch/tabid/3224/default.aspx

COURSE: Ohio Boating Education Course
    OFFERED BY: ODNR Watercraft Akron
    DATE(S): 4/5/2008 - 4/12/2008 # OF SESSIONS: 2
    TIME: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
    COST: $5
    2390 Niles-Cortland Rd SE
    Warren
    Trumbull County
    TO REGISTER: Akron Watercraft Office
    330-644-2265
    SPECIAL
    NOTES: Two Saturdays. Preregistration is required.
    COURSE DESCRIPTION: An 8-hour class in boating and water safety designed by ODNR Division of Watercraft. It covers the fundamentals of safe boating: state-required equipment, watercraft laws, navigation Rules of the Road, basic safety and risk management, and aids to navigation. Classes are enhanced with videos, slides, overheads, handouts, and other visual aids. Pre-registration and a pre-paid materials fee generally are required. Some classes may have additional fees due to site rental.

6. ezbite

ahhh, thanks jess, it didnt say anything about registration where they had it posted. thanks for the #

7. ezbite

i called and regestired yesterday and it is a two week course, 5 bucks each saturday and there will be a test on the last saturday.

8. Fishers of Men

Fishers of Men Senior Member

I just bet you do...:p