Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last time out I noticed the bolts on outboard appeared loose. On closer inspection (today when I was going to tighten them up) I found the port side of the transom is rotting out. OUCH!!!! Can't afford to get new boat so need help. Can anyone reccommend a place to get the transom repaired/replaced. The boat is a 1995 Starcraft TP170 fiberglass. I'm in Huber heights but I guess I'll take it as far as I have to travel to get fixed. Seems everything happens to me on Sundays when nothing is open. Anyway if any of you guys can point me in the right direction it would be great.

·
tommyv
104 Posts
ND: You might try Skipper's in Vandalia. They are on Dixie Ave just south of 40 across from Butler High School.

TommyV:confused:

·
Registered
306 Posts
My uncle told me there is a marina in Huber on 201 & 40, just don't know the name, also the Dayton Boat Store on Webster St are two of the closest ones that I know of.

·
Registered
725 Posts
A friend of mine had the transom and stringers on his cruiser repaired at Al Williams Enterprise on Clyo Rd on the southeast side of Dayton.

·
2001 Ranger 520DVX & 1975 Hydro Sport Bassboat
56 Posts
Al Williams does great work.
He is in Centerville, Ohio.
Although A repair like that (transom) can be quite costly.
I would guess somewhere around $2500.00

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got ahold of Maimi Valley marine on brandt and they don't do glass work but also told me to call Al. Now just waiting for a call back today. I know it'll cost but it's still less than new boat. I bought this new in 96 and never spent a nickel for any repair until now. It still makes me sick since I've always stored it indoors I never thought something like this would be a problem.

·
Whaler
3,199 Posts
There's a place in Canal Fulton that does fiberglass repair work. My buddy had his transom redone there last year for the same reason. The wood inside was rotting out on his 19 foot Glassport. They did a beautiful job. They specialize in building fiberglass duck hunting boats there also.
I can't remember the name of it but if you call Lock Four Marine in North Canton the guy there can give you the name.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts