close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Boat

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by monsterKAT11, Apr 28, 2005.

1. monsterKAT11

monsterKAT11 Team Fatty

A few years agao my family bought a trihaul boat for the family, but since the only people that take it out anymore are my dad and i when we go fishing we were thinking about getting a pontoon boat this year. but i don't know much about what the price range on a pontoon boat is. can anyone help me out? probably anywhere from 18-21 foot pontoon is what we're looking for. we want something better suited for fishing, yet my mom could come along and enjoy as well. we were just going to get a flat bottom jon boat but figured my mom wouldn't be very comfortable in that. basically, how much are we lookin at for a decent pontoon with a decent outboard engine?

2. You can get a new one for around $10-$12,000 I believe. I'm sure if you check out Boat Trader or e-bay you might find some good deals. You could even check out a couple of marinas. Good Luck.

3. monsterKAT11

monsterKAT11 Team Fatty

yeah we're deffenetly leaning twards used and i'm sure the prices an fluxuate dramaticly. just thought i'd ask around, as i'm not positive on the whole situation yet, just thought it would be better to gather up some info before hand.

4. hey monsterkat, i just purchased a g3 bass boat but they also make pontoon boats. check out their web site at g3boats.com and go too the suncatchers. at least 12 different styles to choose from. i purchased mine from plapps marina in florence KY. if you are interested check them out. super people . just my two cents worth

5. My brother in law got a 24ft pontoon from a marina in Indiana for $3500. The motor lasted 2 seasons before it quit. Check around the marinas have good deals sometimes.

6. Check the local for sale adds in the paper and local marinas. This time of year there's lot's of them for sale. There's just no way to guess a price. Have the motor checked over well. If properly maintained, a 2-stoke motor will outlast most of us.