close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Boat Withdrawls :-(

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Reel Lady, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Well, here Reel Man and I are on our way to Atlanta Georgia to attend a HUGE Industrial Woodworking Machinery show. I am in my car right now on my laptop, trying desperately to pass time (as we have an 11 or so hour drive) Don't worry, Rob is the one driving lol We miss our boat and fishing so bad! We saw a few trucks pulling boats, and we both fell into a major depression for about 10 minutes! So, guess what I brought to help pass time? (other than my laptop)...The Bass Pro Shop Catalog :D AND.... you're gonna laugh... Bass Fishing Pro 2003 for my laptop. Tonight was my first time playing it. It's actually very educational. I caught the fish of my dreams too! a 41lb Muskie! But... unfortunately, broke my darn line before I could get him on the boat! :eek: But wow... what a thrill! I guess until I get back home, my PC fishing game will have to make do... lol
    Unfortunately, we could not bring our fishing poles with us down here because they wouldnt fit in my RX-8! Now tell me that was not a serious bummer! :eek:
    I've not been to the arcade yet here on this site... maybe I'll check it out... I AM SO BORED it HURTS!!!!!!! I just dont think I am cut out for these long road trips!
    Reel Lady

2. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

So how are you connected to the internet?
    Marcia, trade that RX-8 in for a Hummer and you can tow your new boat ANYWHERE. I hope you have a good time and stay out of trouble guys. Have a safe trip.:cool:

3. Reel Lady

I had a feeling that someone was going to ask me that question :) I use my cell phone as my modem to connect to the internet. Its definitely not a fast connection, but hey, a slow connection is better than no connection when you have 11 hours to kill! :D

4. Marcia, go to the clothing section and get some well insulated coveralls for you and Reel Man. A couple pairs of Carhartt arctic socks, 1200g Thinsulate waterproof boots, and I'll get you guys ice fishing this Winter. Once you do that, you'll have LOTS of great memories to discuss on those long trips.

15 hours on the ice, and you'll see what I mean.... :D

5. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

my cell phone modem is acually faster than my home dial up

6. Marcia,

ReelSon called and were taking your boat out to West Branch to keep it warm. ;)

Have fun down there and don't work too hard!

7. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

Reel Lady

I really don't think I would like a Game where you almost land a fish but it breaks your line. I hear a lot of those kind of stories and you are the only one I know who has that game :eek:

Probably where you bought that game they have Ron Popiels Pocket Fisherman. It would fit in your car and you could fish in Georgia (or anyplace along the way) and hook and lose fish for real! :D

I can see a real market for pack rods at your house. I spent years travelling for my job and there are several telescoping rods in my garage now ;)

Me and Raybob tried that ice fishing. It's terrible.
    Might not be so bad if your partner doesn't insist on trolling for 'eyes ;)

8. Reel Lady

:D Ice trolling... what a VERY funny visual! And speaking of "Pocket Fisherman...." believe it or not,,,, I have one!!!!! LOL Now I know I've set myself up for some harassment, but that's ok... that little pocket fisherman did it's job when I needed it!

Marcia

9. Reel Lady

I think ReelSon better think twice before considering a stunt like that!!! Too bad for him though, cuz, although I may be out of town... guess where my boat keys are??? Yup... with me! LOL
    So too bad for ReelSon (and his partner in crime... YOU)
    Better luck next time boys!!! LOL

10. LOL, now now, I new I could get you roared up a little :) It was all my idea....haha. Been raining a lot here the past few days. You picked a great time to get out of Ohio!

11. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

[​IMG]

Reel lady

The pocket fisherman was intended as a joke for those old enough to remember them! I never realized they were still on the market.

Look out for hucksters trying to sell you knock offs of products!
    Insist on official licensed copies of Catman underoos! :D