close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Boat Trailer Tires

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by Reel Thing, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Tires on the boat trailer are 10 yrs old figure its about time to change
    Anyone have a recommended place to purchase tires in the central Ohio area and if anyone has a favorite tire
    It seems that the 15" goodyear Marathons that are on it has held up pretty good but they are kind of pricey to replace 4
    Thanks for your input
    Geowol
    George

2. I have heard that Rocks trailers on 104 just north of stringtown rd is pretty good. I know my dad got tires there a while back for his old trailer and they were the only ones around that had what he needed.

3. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

A few years back, I towed the boat into Grismer tire on Wilson/Fisher and they hooked me up nicely.

4. Stretch

Stretch Wishin I was fishin

I replaced mine 2 years ago with the Goodyear Marathons, yes a little pricey but I figure for what those tires are carrying it is $$$ well spent, could not afford to replace the whole rig for that same money.

5. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

I agree with Stretch, I put a lot of miles on my trailer fishing tournaments and I just put Marathons on my trailer, had been running Carlisles, just too many blow outs from them.
    Doc

6. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

George , I have a place over my way where I bought new white letter Marathons for mine back in Oct. They were 14" and ran me like $80 ea. pm me if you would like more info .

7. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

If you cant make the trip Glens Surplus in shelby has the best prices around.... unsure of the brands but you cant beat their prices

8. Thanks for the info guys
    Going to stay with the goodyears Heck the ones
    I have now have lasted 10 years with not one problem that should say something about the tires
    Thanks again
    Geowol

9. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

moved to boats/motors