close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Boat tags

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by StuckAtHome, Jun 19, 2007.

1. StuckAtHome

StuckAtHome Mad SOT YAKER!

Anyone know where I can get boat tags close by Picktown? I know the one off brice, but its always busy busy busy. I found one on rt 256 by dairy queen but they don't do boats. Also what do you need to bring for my yaks, I have bill of sale plus a paper showing where it was made with the serial on it, thats enough don't you think? I didn't know until this week you even needed a tag, since its powered by me and under 15', but I want to be legal and I believe its $15 for 3 years, not bad.

2. FLT_TUBE_JNKY

FLT_TUBE_JNKY Uber Tuber

there is one in grove city off broadway behind the dairy queen. I did my 8 fter there a couple years back and was in and out in like 15 min. I know thats not verry close, but is the only one I know of that does boats.

3. I could be wrong but I think Bexley Marine sells tags. Give them a call...I don't go there anymore since I called asking if they had any used boats. The guy asked me how much I wanted to spend, I said $3000. He laughed at me and said that "I wouldn't go out w/ a cheap peice of crap boat like that. You're not going to find anything worth buying in that price range". But anyway try there. Sorry for the rant...

4. Ackers Suzuki Kawasaki (ASK) on rt 33 at north edge of Lancaster sells them. I didnt have to wait.

5. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

mike,if you get in there early on a weekday there's usually no problem.i was first or second in line the last copuplr trips;)
    there's also one one main st.(south side) just west of noe-bixby.

6. StuckAtHome

thanks, just found out gander mountain does it, I'll just run over there, no lines!

7. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Livin' the moontime

please be patient with Gander as we have just started doing boat registrations. I did one today and it was time consuming. Only a few of us know how to do it so far. Call in advance.

8. StuckAtHome

thx, I called and told me to come on in no problem, I don't mind waiting there, I just buy more:)

9. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

in that case,they may keep you waiting all day:D

10. if you do it online it takes for ever to get your sticker.

11. spacecadet

spacecadet Fishing Nut

Mary's Bait Shop at Deer Creek writes them 7 days a week. Be sure you have all of your documants and you will have no problems. Got my Tracker renewed in 2 minutes with my mail-iin form.

12. Perchy101

Perchy101 Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

I'm thinking about getting a belly boat, float or whatever you want to call them...

Do they need tags? OR what type of information do they need with them? I'd be using it up at Alum Creek.

13. spacecadet

spacecadet Fishing Nut

Belly Boats do not need to be registered

14. StuckAtHome

Thanks for the replies guys, went to gander near me in pickerington, and after a short wait( I shopped) I got what I needed. I bet the DMV is quicker, but the waiting area isn't as nice!
    Mike

15. shwookie

shwookie fishing from a kayak

I get the alternative registration from the odnr complex on morse rd. Its just one sticker.
    Beats having to buy the lettering and registration sticker.

16. StuckAtHome

what is that? putting all the lettering on a small yak seems stupid

17. shwookie

shwookie fishing from a kayak