close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Boat sticker

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by crooked stripe, Mar 9, 2005.

1. crooked stripe

crooked stripe fishn and flyn

Where do I get my sticker for Mogadore this year? Will I have to wait for the boat rental to open? Info much appreciated. John

2. I thought that Mogadore stopped renting boats... and I dont think you need a sticker either. Check out the other post a few up. "Open water cant wait".

Unless things have changed since last year..I could be wrong

later

3. crooked stripe

I assumed, now that Akron was going to run things this year I would need a sticker.

4. The new services director for the City Of Akron is Jerry Holland. He has stated that the clean up of Mogadore and law enforcement are a priority at Mogadore this year. I have to assume in order to get these things accomplished a need for revenue exists.
    I believe the city will go back to issuing daily launch permits. They have already reinstated the $50.00 annual stake fee.

5. You can get the sticker at the state route 43 launch ramp. That is also where they used to rent the boats.

6. crooked stripe

Thanks for the info. I figured one would have to get a launch permit this year if the city was taking it back. John

7. Dang, so how much is the launch sticker? As if fishing wasnt already expensive enough. I'm not sure if i'll be able to afford to launch every day, and I doubt that all those old timers out there fishin for gills will be able to either. lol

What about Nimisilia? Are you going to have to pay to launch/park or whatever there too? I sure hope not.

8. in my opinion paying to fish(besides buying a license) is a bunch of crap. Ill fish another lake before i fork out another 50 bucks just to launch by boat. As if keeping a boat and everything that comes with it isn't expensive enough.

9. That is complete crap. Unless they Fix the roads leading to the launch and put in some decent lighting I will fish nimisla way before I pay to fish mogadore. I can't get over the fact that they can charge you to launch your boat.

10. This is true, the roads are in poor condition, but maybe fees the city will charge for launching this year will be put back into the park somehow. Hopefully in the form of new roads, docks, and ramps. :D

11. So, what you guys are saying is that I would have to get one of these "Launch Stickers" in order to put my boat in Mogadore? Don't sound that much different than the new state park fees going into effect this year! Is that "Launch Sticker" good for the whole season, or what's the deal? Is the price of this sticker $50, as stated by "fishnguy"?

12. crooked stripe

I thought the price of the launch was cheeper than the stake fees but how much I don't know. As the price of gas keeps increasing it is cheeper to pay the one time launch fee and fish close to home. I also wander if Akron is going to reopen the 2 access roads for shore fishing and boat launching this year. Good fishing areas there with out motoring accross the main lake.

13. From the looks of that news release, the city is not going to charge a launch fee. I grew up on that lake and would love to see her stay as she is.

14. crooked stripe

Sounds good to me it will save me some bucks. With the state park ramps closed this year I will be fishing Mogadore and Nimi.

15. Nip - That's got to be old. Not ice fishing south of 422 is not still a rule.

16. they also no longer rent boats at mogadore