close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

boat show today- (monday)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gju42486, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

just wanted to give fishin musician and fish2day a big hand today at the boatshow, we sat around and talked for around 30 minutes or so and i got to say, they are both great guys, and more than welcomed on my boat any time they can get down here. Also met up with Toxic, and murph who are also great guys, we went to the trolling seminar at 2:00 with the stedke brothers, pretty good information being shared, but not a big turn out. All in all, it was a great day-i was impressed with the products there, not to mention the 4 great ogf guys i met up with. EZbite was nowhere to be found, i guess he was out buying reefrunners for next years sheephead frenzy :D

2. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

oh, i was there. didnt get there until after 3pm. looks like i missed you. but.... i did see you had your boat there on display..:p hahaha!!love that thompson.

Attached Files:

3. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

no tom, that was the wrong isle, mine was the "equalizer" not sure if you seen it or not, the one with the mettalic blue/chrome engine room with the twins--blue and yellow in color. Thats my speed boat, my fishing boat was that 36 ft contender with the triple 350's on it, i couldnt pass it up for $452,000, i mean it was a great deal, i saved $24000 by buying it at the show. :D

4. ezbite

i saw the equalizer..sweet. i want that corvette boat..500 HP!!! it was only 100 grand and some change or maybe one of those 160 grand everglades

5. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

yep, we must of just missed eachother, i stopped by the ogf booth again before i left at around 4 or so, i did the ranger simulator as well a few booths down, i got 1950, which isnt bad out of 2100.

6. ezbite

dave said i just missed you and jess and van...i got to get up sooner:eek: here's my baby:p 7.0 of WOW!!

Attached Files:

7. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

yea that was slick as well...alot of good boats there, we must of just missed eachother like dave said. We had a good time there just BS'n

8. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

This was the first Boat Show I ever attended. It wasn't a bad show. Sure was nice putting faces with names. Sorry I missed ya Tom. I'll catch up with sooner or later. I fell in love with that 23' Baha Great Lakes Fisherman (boat show price 50,000). The salesman said he would make me a great deal on it. I think I'll wait till June and buy it. This way after I cannot make the payments for 3 month (after fishing season) the bank would come and take it back LOL.

9. ezbite

i was drooling on that baha too. i think the sport craft down on the other end was sweet too, only because it is a 23' hardtop. if that baha had a hardtop, i would have toed it home:p sell the house and live with the dog.

10. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

its nice to be single :D trust me, i know

11. seen some 16-18 footers there that looked like floaters ....that wouldnt sink.....probably troll perty slo tooo.

at one rig.....trip 350's...480 gallon gas tank.......ANDDD TRIP ROD HOLDERS ON THE BACK CORNERS ....at sucker is goin to the bottom. cann't float with all them rods out...can it?

sorry i missed you fellers.

12. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Did you guys see the all Electric Starcraft across from the Vic's display?

It would be a dream night trolling boat out of Cranberry fishing the Ruggles area. I tried to talk Bob Hanko, owner of Cranberry Creek Marina, into buying one. He already has an air boat for ice fishing (that he built that is SWEET!) and if he purchased the electric boat he would have two really cool toys. I love it when my friends have cool toys:D

Starcraft is back as a main Hawg Fest sponsor again this year. I'm sure Greg Yarbrough, the Starcraft factory rep, would appreciate it if you all purchased a new Starcraft electric boat to show your appreciation of his support.:D

Vic's and Cranberry are both Starcraft dealers, hurry before they all all gone!

13. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

Tom, the 23' Baha was a hardtop. I was very tempted. Thank God I have self control LOL.

14. ezbite

i ment a wrap around hard top like the 25' beside it. that 23' needed snap on curtins to be completely weather proof sorta.lol. still, had me drooling.;)

15. I was looking at the Baha mid-engine (I think 25'), the Sportcraft same size and the North River.

What would be the benefits of the Baha over the Sportscraft? Seemed like the Baha had deeper gunwales. Any other thoughts of one vs. the other?

I really liked that North River boat too. Seems indestructable and I kind of need that. :eek:

I'm probably not buying this year but will next year.

Appreciate any opinions. Thanks!

16. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

Seapro, the Sport Craft had less cabin berth size. And the gunales seemed lower than the Baha. I believe the Baha had more fishing space. The S/C had a longer deck in the back by the doghouse, thus you losing space in the back. They both are nice boats.

Tom, you are right about the curtains on the Baha. Mama said if I could afford it I could buy it. She only said that because she knows I can't. Women sure are wicked LOL.

17. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

yea i know how you guys feel---uncle sam pays my salary, im not getting a new toy this year either unless i get another letter from my long lost uncle who inherited $400,000,000,000 and is now living in africa, and all i have to do is send him my bank information and he'll take care of me.......i sure hope he didnt pass away :( Now off to check my e-mail and my mailbox in hopes of a foreign letter.......

18. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

George, I think we are cousins. I got the same letter. LOL:D

19. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

phwww thank god i got all my information into him first then--that way you done hoard it all. I should be expecting a few million into my account now anyday.....i cant wait, c'mon neeeew toy :D

20. It was great meeting all you guys. Me and Toxic looked at the boat I'm getting after I save enough money, I have it worked out that if I work 24 hours a day 365 days a year for 3.657 years I'll have the $801,000.00 for the boat. I'll have to work another year just to fuel it up. well I'm working the next 48 so I'm on my way!!!!!

FireMurph