Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long does it usually take to have a boat serviced at a marine shop ? Mine has been in the shop over a week . For what i would think is an easy trailer fender fix. It there first thing last Monday morning .I called Thursday after not hearing anything from them. The guy told me " It's in line to be looked at , and we will call you when we know something" Here it is Monday evening and still nothing not even a call with the estimate cost of repair . Is this normal ?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with you both .

·
Registered
411 Posts
I understand you have to wait till your turn but they could give you a call to drop it off two or three days before they expect to get to it

·
Registered
958 Posts
My Minnkota has been at the service shop for six weeks yesterday for warranty work. They say no parts. Six weeks and counting is ridiculous.

·
Banned
14,059 Posts
to answer the op's question as best as I can. unless you set up a date to bring it in you can expect about a 2 week wait time. if you talk to them about when to bring it in then you should hear something in a couple of days.

I would remove the fender and use the boat until the end of the season. the offseason isn't as busy and no hurry to get it back.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Thats a invite to call MinKota and demand a new unit...
Called Minnkota, the response was sorry but tough, sorry, it takes as long as it takes, sorry sometimes we don't have the part, sorry call the store where you bought it and ask for a replacement. sorry, when the part is shipped and it's fixed they'll call you. Oh, yeah, sorry.

Sorry for stealing the thread.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Called Minnkota, the response was sorry but tough, sorry, it takes as long as it takes, sorry sometimes we don't have the part, sorry call the store where you bought it and ask for a replacement. sorry, when the part is shipped and it's fixed they'll call you. Oh, yeah, sorry.

Sorry for stealing the thread.
I'd be beside myself...I might even venture trip to corporate..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yelling at people won’t help. there are a bunch of shortages so it’s just being rude at this point to expect them to go overboard to help. Some companies may not even be around in the future so good luck with that.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Best time I have found to have boat or trailer work is Dec-Feb. Starts getting busy again in March as people get ready for boating season and stays that way into the fall.

Reactions: sherman51

·
Premium Member
10,898 Posts
Dealership work on boats and outboards is running 3-6 weeks, sorry but it just is.

I had a issue a few weeks ago and called dealer repair shops all over Ohio, IN, KY, the story was the same at each

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
It's been a few years but last time I took a boat in to a shop for any work it was 2 months before I got it back and I think most shops are even busier now.

and with that TM shop waiting on parts...I'd be buying me a back up TM for sure.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts