close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Boat Rentals at Alum? / Trapper Johns

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Perchy101, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Perchy101

Perchy101 Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

I'm on the ODNR website for Alum Creek - It says they offer boat rentals...

Where would I go to get a boat to rent for the day? Anyone know the rate?

Also thinking about doing a day at Trapper Johns... Anyone know if they frown upon bring fishing gear onboard during the trip back to the main lodge to where your car is?

Thanks - PERCHY

2. Perchy101

Man - Thanks...

I found the number and called the marina and the prices they quoted me aren't anything like that....

3. Ultralight

Ultralight Crupi Wannabe

Just curious - were the prices much higher (likely) or lower?

Thanks.

4. Perchy101

If I remember correctly - They were about 40$ higher....

5. I personally don't like trapper john's. The owner was going to double charge us for a canoe because we needed it for a little longer than his rates covered, and we were $1 short of his "double charge fee" and he wouldn't let us use it...pretty poor business if you ask me.

So we just got my buddies pelican and took it through there for free, much more comfortable fishing out of that anyway.

Have Fun!

6. Perchy101

Oh, don't tell me if we take longer then the "2-4" hours that we are going to get changed extra.....

7. If you use it longer than his rates apply, then yes you will probably get double charged. Maybe if you don't tell him you need it longer he won't notice when he picks you up down the line, but bring extra money incase.

That's the owner, if someone else is running it that day then you might be in luck.

8. Perchy101

We plan on taking the upper route.. and floating back down to the center point... So who knows...

Unless its pointed out somewhere on signs or I sign something to that effect... saying i'll pay money if I take longer then X amount - I won't pay the extra cash.. I'll tell you that.

9. Micro_Mini_Angler

Micro_Mini_Angler live-2-fish

TAKE YOUR GEAR TO TRAPPER JOHNS!!!! last time i was there, i caught a fish ohio Smallie!!

10. Perchy101

Thats why we are going... :)

And thats why i'm asking so many questions... We plan on making it an all day event...

11. Either way that stretch has some very good smallmouth fishing, I have always caught them every time I went, no fish ohio's yet from there..but I have caught some nice ones, I'll keep trying.