Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know how much boat rental is at Acton Lake? I've really been enjoying angling this past year and am looking to go to Acton and do some fishing. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated also.

So far I've found I love to fish for crappie and panfish for eatin. Smallmouth and largemouth for fun.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
151 Posts
If you want to rent a boat and fish for meat, Cowan is pretty much a crappie market IMO. Try trolling jigs and curly tails right next to the boat rentals there, 40-60 yds from shore. Seems like I am always picking up 7-9" fish, and I'll eat those all day.

In any case, good luck!

·
Hopelessly Hooked
1,375 Posts
Yeah, I think we rented a pontoon for most of a day for like $150 bucks earlier this year at Cowan, nice lake. But if You come up to Acton give them a call http://www.hueston-woods-state-park.org/ I have to say I like Acton for Crappie more than Cowan, but Acton has a 9" limit on them verses the state wide 8" at Cowan, my last one of size was 14.5" back in late June, but you have to sort through a million 7"ers to find a crappie that size.

·
Hopelessly Hooked
1,375 Posts
You know after looking at the ODNR web site I think You are correct on the Crappie, I could of sworn there was state limit! Oh well, I still wont keep any thing smaller than 7"

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys, thanks a ton. We were gonna try to hit Acton yesterday but spent all day fishing for Rock Bass and Smallies wading a couple small streams. My buddy landed a 12" Rock bass that was a pig. It was a beautiful day to fish and much needed. Thanks again. We will be hitting the lake soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts