close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Boat registration?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bigfish, May 11, 2004.

1. I have recently purchase a 12 foot johnny boat and am trying to get it licensed. I have no title or previous registration for boat or trailer. First of all, they are not stolen. I do have a previous license on the boat with OH7610 on the side there is also a 2002 tag on it. How do I go about getting this all legal? I know I need a title for boat and trailer, but where so I do a title search for them? If they are in someone's name that has deceased hwo do I get the title in my name? Any questions would be helpful

2. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

Small boats (under 14ft) are not titled, just registration. Mine is 13.5 ft and all I do is registration. I think if the boat will never be used with a motor, you can get a $15 sticker, like for a canoe. Go to the Ohio Department of Public Safety site for trailer license info. Go to the ODNR site and look under Boating for boat registration info.

3. i just finished doing the same thing, and its kind of easy, but still a pain. your boat has to have a 12 digit hull identification number. if it doesn't have 12; u have to get a new hin number. the odnr has to inspect the boat. they will give u a letter that states the hin number, and also state it has be inspected. you have to show proof of ownership. they will give u a form to proof u own it. u fill it out,and have to get it notarize. take all these things ,and your license. thats it.. like i said its easy ,but a pain. i hope i helped. thats what i had to do.

4. shadowman

shadowman Supreme Being

if all else fails just go to a notary that handles boat stuff, they should at least be able to tell you how to go about it.......... :cool:

5. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

if you have the O H numbers registered to that boat and proof of purchase (receipt) then they will register it for for you no problemo.