close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Boat ramps on the Auglaize?

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by racin j, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Just picked up A brochure called Boating On Ohio's Streams and it shows about 3 ramps on the Auglaize River. Does anyone know what these ramps are like and what is the river like in the area of the ramps? Will I be able to get A 1860 john boat in the water and could I run the outboard motor or would it be trolling motor only? If I didn't live so far away I would drive up and have A look but I figure you guys could tell me what it's like and save me some gas. Just heard that gas is 3.15 A gallon at some stations!

Thanks
    Jason

2. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

well the water is prolly high rite now. Cant help u on the ramps sry

3. I figured the water might be high or muddy cause of the rain up North but I'm not planning on going up that way any time soon. It's just another one of those places on my list to try out someday.

4. phisherman

phisherman can't land em Teddy

5. Thanks for the link but I couldn't find the info I was after, maybe I didn't look in the right spot. My river and streams brochure has A list of all the access sites with ramps but from experience I know that sometimes the ramps are worthless for A bigger boat or sometimes the ramps are great but the river is to shallow to fish with a bigger boat.

6. There is a ramp behind downtown Wapak. I would not reccomend using your outboard there! Back in the day we swam this area and you could hit bottom very easily. Great crappie spots if you know how to find them.

7. I'm not sure exactly which ramp you are thinking about, but any of them near the Defiance area should be fine to use with your rig.

8. I use that ramp for testing my motor in the spring, but that section of the Auglaize is better for canoes. Anything in Defiance area is good. The Auglaize is shallow in Auglaize County. Even Allen county is pretty shallow in most parts. Look for the dammed sections.