Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How about some helpful tips at reducing our chance of becoming a target of theft & vandalism at the boat ramp? Please, no venting or ranting. Helpful tips only.

I’ll start…

• After launching, I always try to pull into a space where the front of my truck is facing the most traffic. It’s just too easy for a van or other large profile vehicle to block you in from behind while pretending to tie down their boat or whatever. Meanwhile, their buddy is sawing off your catalytic converter.
  • Never leave valuables in plain sight
  • Padlock both the coupler and the hitch pin
  • When retrieving your tow vehicle, do a spot check of the tires, lug nuts, and hitch for signs of tampering
  • Take a photo of any suspicious vehicles or behavior
  • Pull into an open area or empty trailer spot to tie down your boat…so people aren’t taking pictures of YOU! ;)

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Great idea Net! Here's my contribution:

• Never post in a public internet forum (including this one) where you will be fishing, launching your boat, etc, in the future. This just gives thieves a "heads up" where your vehicle and trailer will be and where/when you will not be around it! Stick with retrospective fishing/boating reports!
  • Park your vehicle and boat trailer away from other vehicles/trailers. With nothing surrounding your tow vehicle and trailer, it's far more difficult to "hide" while messing with either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts