How about some helpful tips at reducing our chance of becoming a target of theft & vandalism at the boat ramp? Please, no venting or ranting. Helpful tips only.
- After launching, I always try to pull into a space where the front of my truck is facing the most traffic. It’s just too easy for a van or other large profile vehicle to block you in from behind while pretending to tie down their boat or whatever. Meanwhile, their buddy is sawing off your catalytic converter.
- Never leave valuables in plain sight
- Padlock both the coupler and the hitch pin
- When retrieving your tow vehicle, do a spot check of the tires, lug nuts, and hitch for signs of tampering
- Take a photo of any suspicious vehicles or behavior
- Pull into an open area or empty trailer spot to tie down your boat…so people aren’t taking pictures of YOU!