Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went down south last week to do a little fishing on gunnersville and heck if i did not get RAINED on in a big way. So my carpet is soaking wet and there is obvious moisture on some of my boxes and in the bottom of some of my lockers. What does one do to prevent rusty hooks. I have eliminator rust prevent strips in every box and I opened up all of my lockers to air them out and took out all boxes and aired them out as well. DO I need to do this EVERY time it rains while I am out fishing ??? Please advise !

·
multi species angler
4,365 Posts
If I was fishing in the rain I empty all my tackle bags and open everything that was in them. I let them sit in the basement or out in the garage until completely dry. I will also open up everything on my boat and let it sit out in the sun to dry.

·
Defensor Fortis
4,374 Posts
Well, that sucks. I think I would get some better tackle boxes that will stop water from coming in and then put some type of weather stripping for your hatches. Or you could cover them with a garbage bag or something similar. As far as your lures and stuff, you could use a hair dryer to dry them off. If your carpet is marine carpet it will be fine.

·
Buckeye-Basser
1,590 Posts
I dont get water in any of my boat compartments durring a rain, but I do open all of them in the garage when I get home afterward to help avoid any moisture.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am fairly certain that the compartments are not getting wet but moisture is getting in after the fact, I guess i will just have to open every thing up and let it air out - thanks again.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am jealous that you went to Gunntersville but happy for ya. I put all of my terminal tackle in satchel type bags like BPS finesse bags. With the hooks in their original packet and then the packet placed in the sealed plastic bag. With the bag zipped up, I haven't had any prob. with costly Mustads and Gamakatsu's getting ruined or rusty or even damp. I probably have 40 or so packets in the finesse style bag so they realy hold alot. Hope this helps ya.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts