close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Boat Questions

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fishingredhawk, Mar 22, 2005.

1. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

Hey guys, I am buying a boat and trailer from a lady in my neighborhood. What do I need to do in terms of tags for the boat (or registration?), registration for the trailer if I need one, and any other general advice you may have. It was her deceased husband's boat, and I'm getting a steal!

Mike

2. Nickadams

Nickadams goenfurshen

Congratulations on getting a boat. I tried that flow chart on the link and went crosseyed :) All you need is:
    1) title and registration for the boat.
    2) water craft stickers There is a place in Dublin on Bethel, in the shopping center down the street from Pure Platinum (Sorry first landmark that comes to mind :) ).
    3) Title for the outboard
    4) Tags and registation for the trailor. If at all possible see if she will let you have a copy of her registration for the trailor, otherwise you may have to leave the boat in the water and get the trailor weighed (pain in the a$$)
    5) I am not sure on the rules for this, but you can look it up on the ODNR site. Operators born after a certain date must have a license to operate a watercraft.
    6) life jackets and all other necessary safety equipment

What kind of boat did you get???
    Did I leave anything out guys?

3. shadowman

shadowman Supreme Being

if you go someplace like a boat dealership that handles that stuff on a daily basis they can and will walk you thur everything you need to do, real simple i have done it several times when buying a boat in ohio and transferring into P.A. god luck

4. He may or may not need all of that, depending on the size of the boat and motor. Boats under 14' need not be titled, as well as smaller motors, 10 hp I think.

5. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

M. Magis is correct. All I have is boat registration and a trailer title. If there is no title for the trailer you can register it as Homemade. My last trailer I had to do that.

6. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

thanks a lot guys, I appreciate it!