Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Team Bass Xtreme
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had the livewell drain switch break on my boat. It is only a plastice lever that pusses and pulls a cable. I called around to see what they would cost. Everyone that I called was right at $15.00 plus or minus a few cents. I decided since I was a block away from Delta Marine that I would go see if they had one and get it there so that I did not have to wait until the weekend to get one from the folks up at Knox Marine. They gave me the part and when I went up to pay for it they told me that the total was $27.75 ! I about crapped my pants. I asked them if that was correct because I had called Knox Marine and Pauls Marine and the price was $15.00 at those locations. The words out of their mouths were that is the price and if you dont like it , get your parts from some one else! After this experience with them I can really understand why they are not doing well.

·
useless poster
8,806 Posts
you really have to shop for parts. i was at west marine today and was amazed at some of their prices on some small stuff too. but i guess these place only have 6 months to make their money.

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
shoulda called me before you went to delta.i could have saved you the trip;)
i really don't like seeing businesses bashed here,but they have a reputation that has been well earned:rolleyes:

yes,i've had my own experiences with them,and know many others with the same kind of stories.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Is there any boat dealers that you can get parts reasonable near or close to the columbus area anymore Kenny Q

1 - 5 of 5 Posts