close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Boat painting

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by LakeRaider, Jul 30, 2004.

1. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

OK , I got to admit something. I painted the entire boat-WITH MY PRIMER GUN! Duh! I can,t beleave it! I have two identical gravity guns and both times (the hull last week, the deck tonite) I didn,t look at the tip on the gun. You normally use a 1.4 tip to spray single stage, but NOOOOO! Ol' Raider grabs the gun with the 0 tip. AGAIN! :eek: Thank goodness I can paint or this would have been a disaster. And I fess up, I did get two runs. :eek: They will sand out easily in 3 days. One of these days I,ll get it right! LOL Now its on to sanding flaming it. :cool: Raider<><>

Attached Files:

2. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

The paint booth? You can make a quick paint booth at home out of 2" pvc pipe. Then cover it with plastic, wet the floor down and you have a dirt free paint booth. Use a high volume -low pressure gravity gun and a small fan to vent the booth. Saves paying big bucks to a bodyshop! Hey, wait , I own a bodyshop. :( Its tied up right now so this turned into a home project. Worked out great. Oh, one more thing, do this when the family is out of town so they don,t have to smell the lovely paint fumes! :cool: Raider<><>

3. <<<<<<<, Is also a painter maybe thats whats wrong with my family, there always here when I paint..............LOL.................LOL................Rich

4. You won't have to worry about fumes or a booth if you swith to a low knap roller and odorless latex paint. :rolleyes: :p :D :)