close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Boat Launching

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mrfishohio, May 9, 2004.

1. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Just a little tip. I'm sure everyone knows the normal stuff that's posted in the Watercraft Site....
    Here's one for night and evening picking up or launching....TURN OFF YOUR HEADLIGHTS !!
    I was nearly blinded by some guy with what may have been brights on & his fog lights too, while he was in his boat. Of course he proceded to put his straps, etc on while blocking the ramp too.
    All you need are your parking lights while on the ramp. :) Thank You !! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  2. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

i would like to do it also ,but my 2000 gmc safari has daytime running lites that are always on. NOW WHAT???????

3. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Can you turn off them off by turning off the motor ? The problem is guys leave the lights on & you can't really see to back down the ramp.
    Alot of times ( this happens all the time) is the guy jumps out of his vehicle, then jumps into the boat and puts it on the trailer. Just backing in & picking up or dropping off the boat for a few seconds is no big deal. Seems like during a storm or something, everyone wants off at the same time too.

4. shadowman

shadowman Supreme Being

the daytime running lights on the GM,S just put the e-brake on and the running lights will go off, just don,t forget to release the e-brake when done. :cool:

5. BuckeyeBoy

BuckeyeBoy A Fool waiting on a jerk

I have the automatic lights in my Blazer so i guess i will have to turn my truck off while I put my boat on the trailer. I don't think there is a way to turn them off. :confused:

6. shadowman

shadowman Supreme Being

bob, put the e-brake on, when you do the running lights will go off. :cool:

7. Stretch

Stretch Wishin I was fishin

ShadowMan is right just use your emergency brake (which you should anyways) and the head lights will go off. I have a 97 chevy truck and it works in this manner. Dont even have to push the e-brake all the way down, one click will do...............Stretch

8. Been dealing with morons like that for years. Being a waterfowler I'm always launching in the dark. It's normally a newbie who doesn't know any better. I inform them that they are blinding everyone trying to put in. If that doesn't work there's always the 2 million candle power spot light. :D Works every time! Great for tailgaters too.

Sliprig

9. paco

paco

well hey i just learned something :eek: that very well may have been me if it was saturday night a berlin . i have a bad habit of turning on my fog lights everytime i turn the lights on in my truck .