Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Flatulent Entreprenuer
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The boat is ready for the big lake. Hope to be out by the weekend. After current events on this site, I decided to say, h*ll with it, I'm back. I'm be running out of Lorain mostly. I decided not to rename the boat. I might change it a little later, but for now, its 'The Riot'. I was thinking about 'The Fish Riot'. Opinions are welcome.

Now for the promise part. I will be no doubt trolling the shorelines later, so, if I EVER, EVER troll too close and interfere with a shore fisherman, that person or persons will be instantly invited to fish from the boat, or if they can't at the moment, they are welcome on the next available trip at no charge.

By the way, I was out of Lorain with Alwysfshin and saw Hetfields truck in the lot and heard tubuzz on the radio. (We got caught in the rain, BIG TIME.) If I can, I'll be trying to get out Wednesday evening for the "Sea Trials". I'll get some after pictures as soon as I can. See you on the water!
Sam,
a.k.a. Wannabitawerm
a.k.a. The Riot
a.k.a Soon to be The Fish Riot, (maybe):D

·
The Original Hot Rod
6,732 Posts
Wouldn't that be an oxymoron...! ;)

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
LOL...

u people r something I tell ya....

FRank

the name of our boat is the "Polish Bull" we just came up with that one over the weekend..

G

·
Yeah I remember that day you should of gave us a shout. I got caught in some nasty rain. Took the boat a week to dry out.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I knew you wouldn't be staying away for long....

·
Registered
974 Posts
The boat is ready for the big lake. Hope to be out by the weekend. ... If I can, I'll be trying to get out Wednesday evening for the "Sea Trials". ...
So????? How'd it go???????:T :T :T

·
Flatulent Entreprenuer
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry for the delay. Got the boat out Monday at about 6pm for a test. Went out of Lorain. No leaks, starts on the first crank. Idles smooth. Need to adjust the trim tabs as she lists to port under power. Might have a slight concern about forward gear, but I think it's an adjustment in the linkage. On the gps I got 35 mph with out opening it all the way up. Takes the turns well, rides real nice with 40 gallons of fuel in the floor.

Now for the important part. We went west of the lighthouse onto the reef, anchored for perch. Dad tossed an erie dearie for giggles and on the second cast, caught a 4 pound walleye. I myself just had fun yanking several jumbos and some decent eaters. With the walleye, 18 fish kept. tossed back 1 sheephead, about 3 white bass and at least a dozen big white perch. Fished for about 45 minutes before I decided we didn't want to put the boat on the trailer in the dark. Went on and off the trailer without a hitch.

Loved every moment of it and am proud of myself. Best boat rebuild to date. Can't say I won't do it again, but can't say I will.

To sum it up: the boat runs, I'm happy, it catches fish, my wife hates it.

See ya on the water.

Matt, let me know what happens with that motor. tubuzz, I'll be wacthing and listening when I'm out. I'll be giving you a shout if I hear ya.
Sam

·
Flatulent Entreprenuer
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Glad I came back. I would've kicked myself if I'd missed the opportunity to say goodbye to TxTransplant.

G

·
That sounds good. I will be off next week and planning some major fishing. I know on friday July 6 I will be at West branch. Not sure the rest but me and pigsticker going to hit East harbor for bass they come back in on Monday. Hopefully the wind doesn't cause a problem. Sat north winds 10 to 20 knots no thank you.

·
Flatulent Entreprenuer
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If I get out after today, it will probrably be Thursday or Friday. The wife works the weekend, so no go. Starting Monday, I'll be camping at Findley for the week. Catfishing at night for fun, but, that's not to say the big lake won't need my attention a day or 2.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts