close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Boat Ideas???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BottomBouncer, Jun 2, 2005.

1. I'm spending next years tax return already :D

I've been looking on the net for different aluminum boats. I want something fairly small, less than 16' with a 9.9 so I can fish the 10hp lakes. I would like to stay under $8500 for the whole set up, from trolling motor to trailer.

What boats, motors, fishfinders, trolling motors, etc. etc. would you guys recommend? I have a boat now that I'm trying to sell...it's older, still gets the job done.......but a little more maintenance trying to keep it going than I have time for.....plus it has a 70hp.....they might frown on that at the 10hp lakes.

I have been looking at the tracker aluminum boats with a 9.9 four stroke mercury. Minn Kota powerdrive and lowrance electronics.

I mainly fish live bait, drift and troll.

Any suggestions and ideas would be great. I wanted to fresh and new with a complete set up for how, where and what I fish for.......

Thanks.....

2. Sounds like you already know what you want ;) Do a search on alum boats then your brain will realy spin :D Do alot of looking,even some test drive will help.Good luck

3. Hey there I fished/hunted a Tracker grizzley for a few years ,, 14' with a 25hp merc,,, loved it!!!!!! Just a little small for 3 people a dog and decoys in late January.... I purchased a new boat for the river.
    If all you want is what you said that should be big enough,, you can rig a tracker gizzley for whatever you need. I still have it and thinking of selling it,,,, the smaller boats are nice to trailer and with todays gas prices , it doesnt cut out of the grocery budget to much.
    john

4. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

are you talking deep vee?
    i think that's the way to go,if you'll be doing a lot of drifting and trolling.in my opinion,they're more suited to that style of fishing,than a flatbottom.i've done a lot of drifting and trolling in my flatbottom,but i bought it for all purpose fishing,and it's light weight/easy handling qualities,which makes it less physically demanding on me.

5. I checked out Lunds website. I found their 16' rebel to look just right. A lot nicer than the bare bones tracker. I like to have room to move around without things being in the way......looked to have tons of storage space.

I have a Garmin fish finder, however I'm leaning towards the Lowrance LMS-332C.

My main goal is to get all my ducks in a row instead of jumping into something like I usually do....and did with my first boat.

Thanks for all the advice so far :) :F

6. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I've been impressed with a few Crestliners that I have seen.

I would look at the Lunds and Crestliners and see what fits your needs and budget.

7. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

Crestliners seem to be comparable to lunds without the price tag steelhead1 has a 18 foot canadian with a 50 honda 4 stroke on it and it is a great boat to fish out of i am looking at the lowe brand myself for a duck hunting boat 14-16 foot and wide