Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help.I think I found the perfect boat for me.Its a 1999 Pro Line 202 Dual Console,only problem its in Florida.Pictures look great but I dont want to go that far without seeing one in person closer to home.Does anyone have one that I could look at to see if its something I might be interested in.Doesnt have to be same year but the same style.I looked for a Pro Line dealer closer to home but no luck.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks Bruce

·
Fishin-For-Fun
2,129 Posts
just try google with: pro line dual console 202

lots of stuff including some videos...

i would be wary of a salt water boat... and would favor an outboard over an inboard. make sure you google for problems on that specific engine. some of the mfgs had lots of corrosion issues when they started building the 4stroke outboard engines.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hey Bruce, like the others posted, be very leary of the saltwater boats. I just went through the boat buying process myself and mechanics and surveyors both said stay away from the salt boats. They have a lot of hidden problems. Not saying you can't find a good one but definitely have her looked over good. I know that's not what you asked for. Proline was one I was looking at too. Nice boats.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice,Ive purchased many boats from florida,yes you have to watch yourself.Have to look for the right guy who takes care of it.Flushes it out and so on.The boat I was looking at already sold.But I really liked the lay out of it.Thanks Bruce

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I would definitely prefer a freshwater boat over a saltwater boat. Don't let the unknowing scare you away from a saltwater boat. A properly maintained saltwater boat will not be any worse for wear than a freshwater boat. I have purchased a couple of saltwater boats and if I didn't tell you where they came from you couldn't tell. Ok back to your boat in question Proline makes a very nice boat, had one, wish I kept it. All Proline boats built after 1996 do not have any wood used in their construction. If you are looking for more info on the boat. Check out the website the hull truth (www.thehulltruth.com) and post your questions and concerns about the boat. I'm sure you will find some one that had one. There are also past and present employees of Proline that will respond to your inquiries. I hope this helps you, my wife thought I was nuts when we drove to North Carolina to look at a boat, then back down 2 weeks later to bring it home.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Perch Jerker
158 Posts
there is alot of fresh water to fish in florida. just because a boat comes from fla doesnt mean it was in salt. talk to the owner. see where he is from and where he fished. could be a bass guy.

·
Fishin-For-Fun
2,129 Posts
One thing to consider regarding saltwater versus freshwater... saltwater will eat the metals and not be as destructive to wood while freashwater eats the wood and does less damage to metals.

For those looking at used (and new) boats - take a look at the books by David H Pascoe - they are rather expensive but well worth it if it keeps you from purchasing a wreck... Two of my favorite books are: 1. Surveying Fiberglass Power Boats, 2. Mid Size Power Boats A Guide for Discriminating Buyers

·
Registered
70 Posts
Lake Boat,
I have Proline 2008 23ft.on BoatTrader.com if you are still interested. Boat has been used on Lake Erie a lot and Lake Anna in Virginia. Might be just the one you are looking for.
[email protected]
John

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks John,23' might be a bit big as I live on an small inland lake and would trailer it to Lake Erie.But thanks for the reply.Im sure I looked at your boat on boat trader.Bruce

1 - 11 of 11 Posts