close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Boat graveyard?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by shroomhunter, Sep 24, 2005.

1. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

I have an old fiberglass boat from the 1960's. Someone tried to convert it to a bassboat and in my haste to buy a boat I bought it. Got 2 motors with it, the guy said they ran great just needed a tune-up, $350 later they ran great.
    The boat is a SLUG and I want to strip it of the bow-mount trolling motor and any other good parts(not many). Then I would like to get rid of it but don't know what to do with it, if it was aluminum I could scrap it out but being fiberglass I don't know what to do. Maybe go out to Alum Creek goose hunting and accidentally misfire my 12 gauge with 00 Buck pull the plug and yell for rescue. My luck it wouldn't sink.
    Anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of it, I want to keep the trailer as I will modify it for my Coleman crawdad.
    Hopefully I learned some lessons about buying a boat from this nightmare.
    Thanks for any input.
    The whole story is a piece for the OGF comedy corner!!

2. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

3. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

Get a sawzall and use the long wood blade (course), disposable resperators, long sleeves. Cut the boat up in 2ft. sections. Set a few out with the garbage each week. Save the transome ID for last to prove to the local federales its not a stolen boat. Sell the trailer here at OGF. Done! NEXT PROJECT. :p LakeRaider

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  4. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

There is a boat graveyard in Indiannapolis. Raider

Hey, we want to hear the story! :D Can,t be as crazy as my brother building a boat-submarine out of an old waterheater! :p

5. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

Where at in Indy Raider ?

6. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

Picked right up on that eh Philly! LOL I,ll have to get the addy and ph# from Hoppy. Its on the outskirts of town on this side. Only been there twice and I wasn,t driving. Yeah, they got motors. :D You guys, always paylakin' ol' Raiders parts honey holes. LOL
    Raider

7. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

The chainsaw sounds real fast and kinda fun! could visualize the guy that sold it to me. The story is one of those AEP around the fire after a few cold beverages stories. It and the coon hunting trip with the guy that got his head stuck in a hole in a tree at 3:30 AM about 20 feet off the ground, and this fishing trip to Tappan with my buddy casting into the trees every cast. Just jerk real hard the missile will break free and bury 2 hooks of a treble into some tender human loin flesh. Then there's the time... Like I said these are great campfire stories. AEP anyone?

8. I was once told that the landfills will take them. I'd call first to make sure. If they say yes, haul it in and push it off the trailer. Then sell the trailer.

9. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

Strip it down and put it in the front yard..Let the Wife plant flowers in it.. :D