close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

boat floor paint---

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gju42486, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

looking to re-do the paint on the deck of my boat and looking for input- it is marine plywood with a layer of fiberglass over top, i am looking for something that is non slip and prefer white or gray in color. Any suggestions?

2. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

George, I am in the process of painting part of my deck right now. In fact I just got done with the second coat. I used 1 quart of West Marines Non-skid paint. It has fine particles in it that look like sand. So far so good. I used my sander with 100 grit paper. Then I used a de-waxer to remove any left overs. I then used a brush for the first coat. Mistake. I did not like the coverage the brush had. I used a roller for the next two coats and it looks great. If the weather lets me head out, I'll let you know how it works and if it holds up. When it is all dry I'll post a picture of it.

3. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

awesome- what color did you go with and how much paint did you need for what size boat- mine is a 24fter

4. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

there is a store on pearl road just south of broadview that sell a good supply of overstock paint real cheap $5.00 a gallon,they have a lot of marine paint. just add sand for traction.

5. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

sounds good freyed, any other info on this place? id like to check it out.

6. The coolest one that I ever saw was a buddy that did the entire inside of his 14' jon boat in Rhino lining (truck bed coating). He used a gray color and it turned out terrific. One of the benefits was that it quieted down the boat considerably when moving around. One of the downsides was it did add some weight! Very functional.

Stauff

7. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

I went with white. Not sure how your boat is laid out but I would guess a gallon would do your boat easily. I only painted two small areas. That is why I went with the quart size first. If it works out, I will go ahead and paint the rest of the floor shortly.

8. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

the shop is on the east side of pearl rd.about 4 doors south of broadview. next to brooklyn animal hosp.Brooklyn Animal Hospital

4207 Pearl Rd
    Cleveland, OH 44109 Map