close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

boat fishing hoover?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by EE, Nov 29, 2008.

1. EE

EE

anybody had a boat out on hoover in the last week or two?
    Would like to hit it this afternoon; will launch at Walnut and will not be solo (Ying6), possibly a third.
    if you've attempted to get a boat on Hoover, or seen a launch, a response would be appreciated, thanks
    EE

2. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Scourge of Hoover

Haven't been out recently, but have been thinking about it. Walnut St. or Redbank ramp would be your best bet. Water is really low, all docks are out so watch your prop(s). Definitely need 2 people and if it were me I would use my oars and electric till I got far enough away from the ramp to know what is beneath me.

I'm leaving tonight for deer camp, would love to hear how you guys do when I get back. Good luck!

3. I was fishing wensday night around 9pm saw a boat trolling.Spoke to a guy said launching from red bank.

4. EE

EE

well Saturday afternoon Ying drove past Hoover on his way home from a movie and stopped by the Walnut ramp........
    we knew the water was low - lower than we'd seen it in 10 years - but he could see the end of the ramp and at that point, we realized our boat launch was nixed.....:(
    see you out there on the shorelines,
    EE

5. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i think launching is out till when/if we get some rainfall or a bunch of snow.got a report today that the lake is down 17 feet:eek:
    probably the lowest in 20 years.

6. EE

EE

Rick,
    it's as low as I've ever seen it...... you are right, launching is out of contention until the spring for me (unless we get a significant amount of rain/snow).
    the water is stained, extremely low, and the fish are having trouble identifying with any structure with the steady draw down.

I likely missed a discussion about this at some point, but I have no idea why they've drawn it down so significantly........ I'm going to see if I can find out.

7. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

eric,they have no choice in drawing it down.remenmber,it's a city water supply reservoir,and water usage dictates levels.
    you should have seen it during the drought 20 years ago.well over 20 feet below normal.nothing but mud flates above sunbury rd, bridge.

8. Rick I have pictures from all over Hoover from 20 years ago.Fishhook and i walked all over hoover with a camera and a hotspots map and pen.We got alot of info things most dont know about,back in twin bridges we walked from the ramp straight over to the island bone dry.There was also a Volkswagon bug at the base of the bridge abutment on the east side dont know how it got there.There was a whole tree about 100 yards out in the middle of the oxbow i use to see it on the locator but didnt know what it was untill the water was down that low. Tight lines Fishguy